Now this is a race | GTAMotorcycle.com

Now this is a race

That's true grit and determination! Win at all costs. I guarantee their sponsors would prefer that over just rolling it back on the truck and say "oh well".

Makes you wonder about the rules. If one or both of those guys tripped and fell would that be considered a race incident, motorcycle crash, a get off, lowside or would it go straight to general fail compilation?

Agreed! I think they should have to finish under the motorcycles power!

Reminds me a bit of Montreal F1, 1991 or 92. Nigel Mansell was leading a full lap ahead of second place near the end of the race. While still a full lap away from the checkered flag he slows down and starts frantically waving to the fans in victory. In the course of this he managed to stall the car near the east hairpin. The F1 cars had no starter motors. He gets out of the car and starts pushing it to get through the last two corners before the finish line. Didn't work.

Media variously reported him as having stalled by letting rpms fall too low, or having run out of fuel. Insiders say what really happened is that Mansell, with waving hand repeated going in and out of the cockpit so he could drive and wave, he managed to hit the master power shutoff for the car.

Ooops!

Reminds me a bit of Montreal F1, 1991 or 92. Nigel Mansell was leading a full lap ahead of second place near the end of the race. While still a full lap away from the checkered flag he slows down and starts frantically waving to the fans in victory. In the course of this he managed to stall the car near the east hairpin. The F1 cars had no starter motors. He gets out of the car and starts pushing it to get through the last two corners before the finish line. Didn't work.

Media variously reported him as having stalled by letting rpms fall too low, or having run out of fuel. Insiders say what really happened is that Mansell, with waving hand repeated going in and out of the cockpit so he could drive and wave, he managed to hit the master power shutoff for the car.

Ooops!

I remember that!!!! did he not pass out after pushing????

Back
Top Bottom