Dual Sport and Adventure website and forum for us | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dual Sport and Adventure website and forum for us

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
Guys, so Mike is too shy to mention but he started a new website and a forum.

As most of you know, DS and ADV riders are largely disjointed, disorganized and generally neglected in Ontario.

Recently there has been a mini-revival here on GTAM but I do believe that we need to be more dedicated. Let's pool our resources together and create something good for our community.

Join up and post suggestions, resources, share stories, etc.

http://www.reddit.com/r/graveladventure http://www.graveladventure.com/

Last edited:
Haha... Thanks Jacob,

Not shy... just built the site yesterday and still need to put a lot more work into it!
Anyone who wants to check my blog can see my signature, although I haven't posted many rides in it yet... those will come this summer!

Guys, so Mike is too shy to mention but he started a new website and a forum.

As most of you know, DS and ADV riders are largely disjointed, disorganized and generally neglected in Ontario.

Recently there has been a mini-revival here on GTAM but I do believe that we need to be more dedicated. Let's pool our resources together and create something good for our community.

Join up and post suggestions, resources, share stories, etc.

http://graveladventure.freeforums.net/
http://www.graveladventure.com/

It looks fine. I'm sure that it could use more content but it would be nice if others could offer some feedback. Especially that websites and forums often do crazy things on various operating systems.

As you probably know, I am mainly interested in a solid base for posting DS rides and a resource for routes.

Jacob, I'm going to take this in a different direction before I get too deep into it... as I don't know anything about forums or their management.

And like Rob hinted to, there are already a lot of forums out there and not much to make a new one stand out... ODSC for local dirt, advrider for global dirt, GTAM for local riding, bike specific for bike specifics, etc...

So the direction I plan to take this is creating a local reddit subforum for local dirt riding. I visit reddit everyday as it is, and I like the structure better than a forum.

Can you change the link please to www.reddit.com/r/graveladventure

What's wrong with the ODSC forum?

Plenty. But mainly it deals with offroad only, smaller bike related - organized events. There's very little casual riding. Most rides, you have to have some sort of membership or pay a fee. It's too structured and rigid for my liking.

I don't think there's one single solid DS/ADV website/forum in Ontario.

Plenty. But mainly it deals with offroad only, smaller bike related - organized events. There's very little casual riding. Most rides, you have to have some sort of membership or pay a fee. It's too structured and rigid for my liking.

I don't think there's one single solid DS/ADV website/forum in Ontario.

I want to say so much, but I suck at writing, so whatever. Seems you want split riders even further.

No problem, but personally I find reddit confusing.

If you visit www.reddit.com/r/graveladventure it will only bring you to one page... a page of links that we put there (either text comments or external links).

I will copy and paste your bike list as an example.

Also, I don't think you joined Alon's whatsapp group yet... there is a ton of activity on there. Let me know if you want to be added.

If you visit www.reddit.com/r/graveladventure it will only bring you to one page... a page of links that we put there (either text comments or external links).

I will copy and paste your bike list as an example.

Also, I don't think you joined Alon's whatsapp group yet... there is a ton of activity on there. Let me know if you want to be added.

I'll try to figure it out.

As for Alon's whatsapp group, I'm on so many chats already that I wanted to wait until closer to the season. But I'll definitely join in.

Yeah, no. I want to bring riders together as anyone who knows me will testify.
For what we do, there's no venue yet and there may never be but it doesn't mean that we can't try. This is not some competition.

I think this is a solid idea and I just registered.

I don't see this at all as further fragmentation. I see a big hole in the market, so to speak, and if this forum helps to address it then it will be helpful.

There's a place for paid memberships - trails need to be created, maintained and defended - but for more casual public riding, there could be better organization. For those of us that are more adventure touring oriented right now, perhaps this can help.

Back
Top Bottom