Looking for mature sportbike riders in markham/stouffville/whitby etc area | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for mature sportbike riders in markham/stouffville/whitby etc area

Weather is looking good. Im open to alternate destinations and routes. Anyone? :)

My bikes is out of commission for a few days.

I will ride on Saturday, but I am unable to leave in the morning and will be leaving from Mississauga.

I'm hoping to be riding from 12-5, so whatever I can do in that short time frame I will. Maybe a ride up through Southwood!

I have box seats for the supercross!! Booyah! ! As for the OP.....get a group of guys all on sportbike and it IS a pissing contest. When I was a nOOb, I went on a couple of group rides and hated it. There was to much going on and I felt like my attention wasn't focused enough on me. Over the years, I have tried doing the group ride thing and there always seems to be someone who messes up.

Now, I just ride with 2 people at a time at the most. And these are people that I have ridden with now for years. I still prefer riding solo. I actually really enjoy riding with nOObs. I'm glad they have decided to ride a bike and I like to encourage them evey way I can. One ride stands out in my mind....friend nOOb was on a CBR 125....I was on my hayabusa.....5 hours later, I don't think I got out of 2nd gear all day....but we had a great time and he rode away with a super positive experience.

One of my last rides last year, there was a group of riders on the 507. And one chick in the waaaaaay far back who was slow and pokey. I think I passed her twice going up and down...lol. BUT.....she was riding within her limits and didn't give a hoot what other people thought. The group was waiting for her at the bottom. Sadly, and this may be politically incorrect, but guys are nev. ...very rarely like that. Too much ego.

If you choose to do group rides, eventually you will find the one or two who mesh with you and your riding style, and bingo, riding partners who you can trust, for the most part. But it takes a while to get to that point. And don't take riding advice from "the fast guy".....lol

Thanks. If you ever want to go for a ride id love some tips. Im headed out with my brother in law tomorrow now so all good. Have a good weekend everyone.

Ended up riding solo yesterday bit was a great ride. Feeling better and better on the bike.. Around 450km on the bike so far.

Im going to move my posts to my other thread:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...-morning-rides-out-of-stouffville-Whitby-area

Id like to get a somewhat regular ride going and having one thread will likely allow better organization. Uf youre still interested please subscribe to it and hopefully we get something going.

Hey man send me a PM, i ride out of Oshawa and ride very normal, and I have a couple of guys I ride with who are also very reasonable riders.

Alright i will send you a PM later this evening:)

I'll ride with you buddy. I'm an experienced rider but I don't mind tagging along a newbie and making a friend in the process.
I live in Richmond Hill.
Send me a PM!

Im still here. Ill pm you livetoride ;)

Looking for riders interested in early morning departures for half day rides up to the good roads ;)

You almost had me interested up until the "early morning departure" part...

Maybe I'm too mature...

You almost had me interested up until the "early morning departure" part...

Maybe I'm too mature...
:) i don't typically leave too early. If you're looking for a few riders to occassionally hook up with let me know. I typically send out a group text a few days out and see who is interested. Usually ride around port perry area or hockley/mono cliffs/river road if we have more time. Rides increased in pace over the course of last summer.. we have fun but avoid attracting the wrong attention - by knowing when and where to have our fun (thats really the mature part i am refering to).

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Subscribed. ..OPENING should really consider opening a what's app group or a meet up group...

Edit: Early morning Sunday rides would be nice too

Last edited:
I know this is a year old thread, but let me know if you're still looking for some riding buddies .. I'm in Maple, but always heading north to enjoy some awesome roads ! Don't really have any riding friends anymore as they all stopped riding.

Let me know :)

Hey absolutely. Pm me.

A whats app group is not a bad idea. Three of us went out today to port perry and did a quick loop. My ideal ride is hockley/mono cliffs/river road but time doesn't always allow that.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Anyone that wants to be in a whatsapp group for markham/stouffville/aurora etc PM me your number and Ill create a group. Ideally sportbike riders.

2004 Honda CBR600RR - PC5, 2 Bros, K&N, Vel Stack. 62K

My ideal ride is hockley/mono cliffs/river road but time doesn't always allow that.

Those roads are always on my loop, but then they are much closer for me. If you happen to be up along River Road and find yourself at Hornings Mills, you should head north on 124 and turn east onto County Road 9. CR 9 will take you over to Creemore.

Back
Top Bottom