The $100 Ninja | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The $100 Ninja

Fok.

b78ad9d86c55a6bbda6be70f5dc24019.jpg

Damm...is that the tire that took forever to mount?....that sucks man

No no, that's the rear. The new front is still safe. I should prolly stop taking laps around this messy self-storage lot.

I want to know how leftover screws and nails manage to stand themselves up to perfectly stab tires

No kidding. Thought for a second that someone at the self-storage was ****** at me and wanted to send a message. It's almost too perfectly embedded in there.

Anyway.

I plasti-dipped the most visible bits of the frame to get rid of the scratches. Plasti Dip is amazing for lazy ***** like me. I masking-taped the tank and the engine then I just peeled off the overspray.

f16d08dfffdf19e482451314d2ac2fe7.jpg

I am SO gonna try this plasti dip

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

+1 I have the CanTire one that's not a T grip and it hurts my hands. Does the job though. That one should work. Just make sure you trim off the excess.

Aight, will give the Walmart kit a shot. Just looked at the tire manufacturing code and it's from 2013. I guess it's still perfectly serviceable.

Are you done riding or are you getting a next one?

Already had a new one.
1999 ZX11D :D
Hey...I already have all the tools, lol.

No kidding. Thought for a second that someone at the self-storage was ****** at me and wanted to send a message. It's almost too perfectly embedded in there.

Anyway.

I plasti-dipped the most visible bits of the frame to get rid of the scratches. Plasti Dip is amazing for lazy ***** like me. I masking-taped the tank and the engine then I just peeled off the overspray.

f16d08dfffdf19e482451314d2ac2fe7.jpg

Looks too purty. Atleast I knew nobody was going to steal my bike.
Aight, will give the Walmart kit a shot. Just looked at the tire manufacturing code and it's from 2013. I guess it's still perfectly serviceable.

The rear went on last year, had mebbe 5k at the most on it. Pretty much all highway commuting. The front...um yeah. It had more.
It takes the same tires as an SV650, I would pick up DOT track tires with only a couple of laps on them from SV racers for $60-$80/set. Now that you're experienced at changing your own tires :D
(It gets easier with practice, I could swap front & rear in under half an hour)

Oh and check and/or replace the Princess Auto inline fuel filter. Probably due.

Last edited:
Walmart tire plug worked beautifully. Went for another joyride today to test the tach and speedo at higher speeds. That eBay unit is a POS, unsurprisingly. The tach is jumpy and seems pretty inaccurate. I'm going to splurge on an Acewell or Koso or Motogadget unit before long.

I still have an hesitation at around 1/4 throttle. I can sidestep it by easing into the throttle, but any sudden input triggers the hesitation/stumble. I think it's still lean since I can't see smoke nor do I smell a rich exhaust when idling. But I only have one other carbureted bike's worth of experience, so if anyone has a better idea re: what's going on, I'm all e-ears.

You can listen to the hesitation from 1:15 to about 1:22 mark here:

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VfwpTKrI4qU[/video]

If you haven't already, I'd sync the carbs.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

What's new with the bike @MattRain?

What's new with the bike @MattRain?

Bump
@MattRain we were talking about this build last week at BurritoBoyz. Any update?

Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Bump
@MattRain we were talking about this build last week at BurritoBoyz. Any update?

Oh ****, I missed your last post. Been busy starting a new motorcycle-related venture so the bike took a back seat to more pressing matters.

I sort of took two steps back on it last month. Ripped off the headlight, instrument cluster and taillight - wasn't happy with any of it. I'm going to redo it properly once I have more disposable funds.

Can't wait to get it back on the road though, it seems like a really good bike to putt around on. Went to see it last week to take better photos (for Photoshop-mockup purposes.) Hopefully I'll have the funds and time to finish it before winter.

Last edited:
Hmmmm motorcycle related venture you say? You have piqued my interest.

Back
Top Bottom