Waterproof HD Camera's | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Waterproof HD Camera's

let us know which one you bought and why...also let us know if it works properly
will do but it will be mid season at best. its low priority since ive got 2 gopros and i need to get a com system, new lid for me and all new gear top to bottom for my GF.

I picked one up as well, gonna mount inside the fairing above the headlight and make a small hole for the lense to sit flush, will not even be noticeable and I can access it fairly easily.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I saw that link on another forum. I picked up two to go along with the one I currently have on my helmet. Great camera, but just make sure to bug 32GB and under microSDHC cards from either Sandisk or Kingstom. microSDXC (64GB and up) and other brands, even Samsung, have had performance issues in this action cam.

I am looking at a hardwire kit from ultimate mobiles (at least for the two that will be mounted to the bike).

Just be aware that helmet mounted cameras "can" result in a ticket and walking home. See the legal forum for more, but basically it renders your helmet uncertified and you can't ride with it. Yes many many riders still mount their cameras there and the chance of getting nailed is pretty small just need to be aware.

Not sure if a contour can be "hardwired" You can get a hard wire waterproof connector for a GoPro, (see group buys sub forum). Not cheap option though. Not sure you would want to run it to your helmet.

My Sena full face communicator mounts flush at the bottom on my helmet, and the Contour mounts flush on the other side of my helmet. I've never heard of this issue with police and helmet-mounted cams, but am not surprised if police take notice of a GoPro which is very visible on a helmet (my only beef being about the GoPro's Parrot-like stance). This is why I avoided the GoPro, because in my view it is not aerodynamic and grabs all kinds of air at highway speed (talk about a stiff neck!). For a dirt bike it's okay, but since I do most of my riding on the road, it would just make no sense to mount a GoPro to my helmet.

2nd SJCam 4000 Wifi here (1st one ended up at the bottom of a river... my fault). Very happy with the unit, especially for the price. All GP mounts and accessories work with it except for the case and batteries.

2nd SJCam 4000 Wifi here (1st one ended up at the bottom of a river... my fault). Very happy with the unit, especially for the price. All GP mounts and accessories work with it except for the case and batteries.
I have sjcam 4000 as well. Works fine and serves me well for my application(dash cam and action cam)

Video/picture quality is good.
Sound quality is Ok if im not using the waterproof case.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

anyone get an ETA yet for one of those? (the drift ghost-s)

I want to get one from that link... as i basically rode in to work this morning and remembered how stupid people can be...

anyone get an ETA yet for one of those? (the drift ghost-s)

I want to get one from that link... as i basically rode in to work this morning and remembered how stupid people can be...
Ive got a tracking number but nothing is posted. "Estimated delivery Wed, Mar 16 - Wed, Apr 06" but I wouldnt be surprised if I received it late April early May.

Last edited:
Remember CanadaPost stopped providing tracking info for those cheap packages.
Unless you're paying exra for shipping don't expect any updates on CP site, it will just show up one day in your mailbox :)

I have the Sony AS100V. Fantastic image quality and FPS. Also came with a waterproof case. I hardly use it though.

I use Contour Roam 2 in the past few years,never have a problem :thumbup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRwIZA4Czj8
adyfcj.jpg

http://mpora.com/videos/AAdkq6fa9t6g#1IcVR8vVXmrK7WsA.97

Last edited:
I went with an SJCAM SJ4000 last year. $120 shipped with all mounts. Here is some demo footage I put together after my first week:
[video=youtube;6X0BKMBR1UQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X0BKMBR1UQ[/video]

Awesome video Matty8, after review i won't go with the sjcam, ill wait till my bday to see if anyone buys the ghost drift for me, and if not ill go with that, images with the drift seem more crisp.

I went with an SJCAM SJ4000 last year. $120 shipped with all mounts. Here is some demo footage I put together after my first week:
[video=youtube;6X0BKMBR1UQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X0BKMBR1UQ[/video]
Not bad. The mic seems better than the Xiaomi Yi. What about battery life?

My Ghost cam in yesterday, its a much bigger cam then I was expecting.
Looks new and in good condition, definitely not factory packaged but packaged well all the same.
Will get it charged up and running this weekend make sure its all in working order.
Think it will make a good motorcycle dash cam tho.

Here's some footage from yesterday off my SafariHD (SJ4000 clone). It uses the same mounts as the GoPro, this is my chin mount view. The battery lasts approximately 65 minutes of non-stop recording, they are removable and cost about $3 on amazon/ebay. I think the quality looks great!

[video=youtube;t41RVysiRGA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t41RVysiRGA[/video]

edit: figured it out :)

Last edited:
Can you switch the screen off?

Can you switch the screen off?
Yes. It also has recording intervals. I set mine at 5 minutes so if my card fills up it will delete the oldest file. I got 13 5-minute files from one fully charged battery with the screen off.

Back
Top Bottom