Waterproof HD Camera's | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Waterproof HD Camera's

Says it's discontinued when i click on the link. When looking at comparison videos the garmins usually were a bit behind quality wise.
my canadian tire says they have 3 in stock.yes this model is probably discontinued, either just at CTC or they have a newer model out but i doubt that garmin is going out of business anytime soon.
i also trust this more than any sj cam.

on instagram behdcam seems to be getting a lot of support and good reviews.
http://www.behdcamera.com/#!behd-cameras/c1s7r

I think the time is right to get an SJCAM. Do you pay taxes when you order through Gearbest?

I got a Git2 camera last week from Gearbest. I got charged a import brokerage and taxes. I got the Git2 for $109 US (with discount code) but didn't expect the brokerage and tax. Still was $165 all in Canadian.

I got the Git2 because you can turn on the Gyro option and it removes a bunch fo shake that I expect will come through on the track bike

Jeff

You MAY pay taxes when it comes across the border. I've ordered dozens of things from China worth more than $100 and only half the time I pay duties and taxes. Most of the time they mark down the prices to help with you getting dinged.

Also, the SJCAM Elite is awesome. My coworker just got one because he was disgusted with GoPro prices and he has only good things to say about it. I've seen footage from it and unless you're a pro or are some sort of knowledgeable photo geek you really can't tell the difference.

Car DVR Mode
The camera turns on when power is supplied via an USB port and records footage in a continuous loop style.

Interested in getting one of the Ghost S cameras discussed earlier in the thread. Is the camera waterproof while a USB power cord is connected?

I didnt get taxed with the bunch of other gear i ordered from Gearbest.

And so far, i love the xiaomi yi cam. You can have mods done to it too, a bunch of users create scripts to improve the performance and its as simple as dragging and dropping 2 files onto the SD card. There's one script for nighttime that is pretty awesome actually. Problem is the video file was a little too big so i compressed it to a lower quality but otherwise, for a =< $100 cam, it's pretty impressive!

I'll try to post some proper footage later tonight the day and the night

oh and sound is **** on it with the case on.

Last edited:
Got the xiaomi too. Love the wifi feature. I haven't went on a ride on it yet but walking around it seems ok.

Anyone know if the SJ5000x is available locally ? I need one by next Friday .

Just placed an order for a GitUp cam (www.gitup.com), basically a Chinese cam modelled after the GoPro but with the added benefit of doubling as a dash cam. I figure I never need a dash cam at the same time as a sports cam, so why not get one that does both? This was the only solution I could find.

$190 CAD includes shipping. Will let you know how it works when it gets here (a month!)

Anyone have the SJCAM 5000x Elite or the SJ6 Legend?
Where did you buy it (Gearbest or other)? Did you pay duty on it?

Back
Top Bottom