dalton times insurance for new riders | GTAMotorcycle.com

dalton times insurance for new riders

wiire

Site Supporter
Jus got of the phone with the rep.

2003 cbr 600rr - 794 a year.
the car however was no were close to competitive @ 3417
this also assumed i brought over property as well.

im 25 with a clean record, m1 lic with m2 booked for end of march.
one way coverage on bike and full coverage with 500 deductible on car.

i think this is as good as it gets, between them and surnet.

I called about 2 weeks ago. I dont have my license yet but told them assuming I have a m2 got a 16xx for a grom and 17xx for a ninja 300....
I am 26 G license , clean , no tickets. Hate living in Brampton..

I called about 2 weeks ago. I dont have my license yet but told them assuming I have a m2 got a 16xx for a grom and 17xx for a ninja 300....
I am 26 G license , clean , no tickets. Hate living in Brampton..

What does Brampton have to do with this? Would be worse downtown Toronto no? Did they specifically say Brampton was bad for theft or risk of accidents? Just wondering...I'm in Brampton too and need to add a bike to my policy soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does Brampton have to do with this? Would be worse downtown Toronto no? Did they specifically say Brampton was bad for theft or risk of accidents? Just wondering...I'm in Brampton too and need to add a bike to my policy soon...

Some areas of Brampton have a very high risk factor for insurance claims. A few of my friends auto insurance is more expensive out there then when they lived on Barbour front and the beaches.

Damn that's a low rate.

I'm 26, no tickets in the last 5 years, getting my M2/MSF at the beginning of April. I was theoretically quoted $1177 for my 2014 Ninja 300.

Some areas of Brampton have a very high risk factor for insurance claims. A few of my friends auto insurance is more expensive out there then when they lived on Barbour front and the beaches.

Maybe you have friends that are a risk...lol I live in a bad part of Brampton. Never though my insurance cost were too bad. Hopefully it's not about to change.

Maybe you have friends that are a risk...lol I live in a bad part of Brampton. Never though my insurance cost were too bad. Hopefully it's not about to change.

We're old(er) guys. The fact they're paying more then $150 a month for auto insurance is ridiculous. Though they're all nice imports, it's still stupid.

Come to think of it I do also pay over 150 for both my cars. When I moved here from mtl didn't feel like it was bad as I was paying about same there...just never though anything of it...

Damn that's a low rate.

I'm 26, no tickets in the last 5 years, getting my M2/MSF at the beginning of April. I was theoretically quoted $1177 for my 2014 Ninja 300.

were you bringing a auto as well or no?

Didn't ask about auto. I could bring auto and rental insurance over, but those aren't up until September...

with auto and rental/property my broker told me you can save up to 35 percent. worth a shot to see what an all in quote would be.

The insurance company Aviva is very competitive for new riders who have completed the training course on a motorcycle 650 cc and under.

You can save up to 25% off the motorcycle if you bring the home/renters/condo and auto over (10% off for the car and 15% off for the home).

stayed with same insurer.

moved from brampton to sauga.
saved NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS per year on my auto insurance.
And yes Brampton has one of the worst rates nationwide, along with that sketchy area in vancouver (never can remember the name)

http://www.canadianunderwriter.ca/n...-around-toronto-kanetix-ca/1003481398/?&er=NA

And i've discussed this with different insurers.

Saw these guys at a booth at the show a couple of weeks ago. After reading about them here I told my buddy (wanting to get his m1/m2 this year, he already has a CB500R) to check them out. After getting quotes for 2600 from other companies, he contacted the rep we talked to at the show and she gave him a quote of 1800!

Will definitely look into switching my car and bike over...next year!

Will definitely look into switching my car and bike over...next year!

Why wait? You can move anytime. Now is a good time, if your renewal was in the fall you'll get most of your winter premiums refunded and you can apply it to your new policy.

I just did exactly that. My refund from Riders Plus (policy wrote in October, cancelled about 3-4 weeks back) almost paid for my entire year of my new policy with Dalton Timmis. ;)

Last edited:
Why wait? You can move anytime. Now is a good time, if your renewal was in the fall or spring you'll get most of your winter premiums refunded and you can apply it to your new policy.

I just did exactly that. My refund from Riders Plus (policy wrote in October, cancelled about 3-4 weeks back) almost paid for my entire year of my new policy with Dalton Timmis. ;)

wait so if my car insurance expires in october, i can cancel it now and get a refund?
does this work with every insurance company?

im with intact for car.

Back
Top Bottom