tobermory. RIDE or DRIVE | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

tobermory. RIDE or DRIVE

Been up there a few times and I make it a habit of getting up there as often as I can.
Last year I was on flowerpot island when a storm rolled in. We weren't off the boat before we were soaked head to toe.
It rained the entire ride home and it was uncomfortable and unpleasant. I would triple check weather forecasts before riding up there again :)
12310483_1061879937176844_6642843635880761358_n.jpg

Last edited:
Taking the direct route tends to be that way. Typically, motoring enthusiasts make it a point of finding the good bits. Top of the hill out of Wiarton, hang a right. Enjoy.
This. I did Tobermory solo as a day run last summer. I followed the coast from Owen Sound to Wiarton (thanks Shane), turn right out of Wiarton and follow the back route North, much nicer than 6. I got to the big tub, had an ice cream (@ Joe Bass ) while I watched the ferry dock, then saddled up and got riding again. It's a nice area, beautiful scenery and worth the trip. My family used to rent a cottage on North Barrow Bay when I was young, did alot of scuba diving up there, there are tons on wrecks and the fathom five park area is phenomenal.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I think I should get a wet suit & snorkel the area. I miss the reefs already

This. I did Tobermory solo as a day run last summer. I followed the coast from Owen Sound to Wiarton (thanks Shane), turn right out of Wiarton and follow the back route North, much nicer than 6. I got to the big tub, had an ice cream (@ Joe Bass ) while I watched the ferry dock, then saddled up and got riding again. It's a nice area, beautiful scenery and worth the trip. My family used to rent a cottage on North Barrow Bay when I was young, did alot of scuba diving up there, there are tons on wrecks and the fathom five park area is phenomenal.

Beautiful summer afternoon @ Government Dock Dyers Bay. Crystal clear water. Fantastic views. No tourists, 1or 2 locals. It's another world.

Very boring ride when you hit the Peninsula, long and straight. Me personally though I would still rather ride.

Not sure why the OP is asking others what he should do in this regard, I am fairly certain you can answer this yourself in a few seconds. You know what you want to do, just do it.

When you guys talk about exiting Wiarton and turning right, did you follow 9 to Isthmus Bay Rd at Lionshead, over to Forty Hills Rd? Looks like a really fun section on Forty Hills, anyone know if it's paved?

The only way I'd take a bike all the way to Tobermory is if I intended to take a ferry and ride further up through Manitoulin into Algoma country. For paved roads there is nothing overly exciting on the peninsula nor on the Manitoulin island. The road to Espanola is pretty good though. If you have a dual sport, I'm sure the ride would be more interesting.

When you guys talk about exiting Wiarton and turning right, did you follow 9 to Isthmus Bay Rd at Lionshead, over to Forty Hills Rd? Looks like a really fun section on Forty Hills, anyone know if it's paved?
Yes that's what I mean, can't remember if it's paved. Take 1 around the coast from Owen Sound to Wiarton, it's very scenic and twisty.

thank you so so much you guys! those were all awesome tips, i will definitely jot down to our itinerary.

Back
Top Bottom