Ontario is no longer the place to prosper | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ontario is no longer the place to prosper

The job market is an always changing landscape, when I was in highschool, the trade wing was for dummies not aimed at university. You could go the university and take economics, the lowest rung on the business school ladder and trade that BA for a career as an accountant. You could land an interview with a BA.
The millennial approach , that I'm not grinding 15yrs to make partner in a CA firm or I should be a CFO/CEO by 30, have my engineers stamp and ring by 23?
And the tradesman that can 'only' make 50/60K ? as a single guy or girl that's tough in the gta, but if you get a spouse that works your probably going to be ok.
In Ontario , if you think you can land a manufacturing job putting screw a in hole b? I think that boat sailed a long time ago, don't waste time at college taking ceramic art or university taking Victorian romance literature and expect gainful employ to be easy.
Ontario is a great place to live and work .

It's also yours to discover. Read that somewhere.

It's also yours to discover. Read that somewhere.
I saw a plate that said "Je Me Souviens" - but I forget where.

I agree with the Taco distributor above, Ontario is a great place to live, but I've only lived here, and spent a bunch of time for work in the USA, so wtf do I know. Get's fricking cold here in the winter, that's getting old. Roads are full of idiots who can't drive, and lots of cops who let the nonsense go on all day unaltered, but jack you if you speed. Ubers, Taxis, wtf. Protests, kids walking on my lawn, dammit.

you don't like your job? get another

you don't like where you live? move, to a real province or place lmao

don't like what you read? read something else or 'sup?

don't like what you read? read something else or 'sup?
Yo, dude.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I would like to think you are a saying this based on your experience with Satres work on Existentialism but based on the quality of your other posts i'm thinking this is just a gross over simplification.

Last edited:
Yo, dude.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Hi there fella. I was just thinking about you. Watching F1 on youtube, the guy starts talking about mono cock tubs.

It wasn't Harper. It was the provincial liberal government. They drove cost of living up so much and increased our debt to unsustainable levels. A lot of companies came out and said we don't want to do business in Ontario because of the cost of hydro. It's too high.

There is no accountability. They cut off the auditor general's legs. They are nothing but a stamp now.

North American's seem to be born with the habit of free-spending themselves into oblivion. The lower in the interest rates, the more they will borrow, the more they will push up the cost of everything. That's why we are now at the stage where winning the million dollar lottery is not enough to buy a home in toronto. Crazy

Agreed. I am guilty of the same thing. Good thing I woke up this year. Now it's only debt reduction. I still can't believe it. 7 loans on going. Closing two loans this year fo sho. Goal to be debt free in 8 yrs.

North American's seem to be born with the habit of free-spending themselves into oblivion. The lower in the interest rates, the more they will borrow, the more they will push up the cost of everything. That's why we are now at the stage where winning the million dollar lottery is not enough to buy a home in toronto. Crazy

Last edited:
Agreed. I am guilty of the same thing. Good thing I woke up this year. Now it's only debt reduction. I still can't believe it. 7 loans on going. Closing two loans this year fo sho. Goal to be debt free in 8 yrs.
Another point to be made is that with low rates and massive liquidity, there is danger of oversupply. This will cause deflation in the long run which is much worse than a quick collapse. We are nowhere near that point, but post 1987 Japan and ZIRP should be a good indicator.

Zero rate policy doesn't mean the bank charges retail customers to store money, it means the central bank will charge the banks for not lending up to full deposits. This would instigate banks to continue lending even more, pumping even more liquidity in the markets. Sooner or later this will hurt the solid big businesses as they will be competing with much smaller guys to hang onto that customer which spells disaster for them and the economic system as a whole.

Anyway I digress..

Last edited:
Another point to be made is that with low rates and massive liquidity, there is danger of oversupply. This will cause deflation in the long run which is much worse than a quick collapse. We are nowhere near that point, but post 1987 Japan and ZIRP should be a good indicator.

Zero rate policy doesn't mean the bank charges retail customers to store money, it means the central bank will charge the banks for not lending up to full deposits. This would instigate banks to continue lending even more, pumping even more liquidity in the markets. Sooner or later this will hurt the solid big businesses as they will be competing with much smaller guys to hang onto that customer which spells disaster for them and the economic system as a whole.

Anyway I digress..

I have heard mention of negative interest rates recently, coming from Ottawa. I don't understand the ramifications and they said it wasn't going to happen but obviously someone's doodling on a napkin. Today's doodle is tomorrow's building plan.

It is well known that a lot of people overspend but on the other hand a lot of people are hoarding cash due to the unstable stock market.

I'd elaborate on potential future effects but my tin foil hat is at the cleaners.

I have heard mention of negative interest rates recently, coming from Ottawa. I don't understand the ramifications and they said it wasn't going to happen but obviously someone's doodling on a napkin. Today's doodle is tomorrow's building plan.

It is well known that a lot of people overspend but on the other hand a lot of people are hoarding cash due to the unstable stock market.

I'd elaborate on potential future effects but my tin foil hat is at the cleaners.

Negative interest likely wont but its not 100% of the table. Japan and Sweden have them currently

Ontario still is a fantastic place to live and prosper, maybe not to the Millennials expectations of "I deserve everything now" but looking in most places around the world still is one of the best.

Agreed, great place to live but not to invest.

I also agree, it's a great place to live, but I would move somewhere else if I could!

Sure, let's move to... ? To where? If Ontario is no longer the place to prosper, where is that place now?

Montreal is a far better city to live in than Toronto, and Ontario is only going downhill from here.

For work in Canada? Oil will rebound, but until then why not get a Sociology degree specializing in women's issues and find a niche being subsidized by the provincial gov't as a professional victim/community activist. Or become a cop.

They're the only growth industries left in Ontario.

Montreal is a far better city to live in than Toronto, and Ontario is only going downhill from here.

For work in Canada? Oil will rebound, but until then why not get a Sociology degree specializing in women's issues and find a niche being subsidized by the provincial gov't as a professional victim/community activist. Or become a cop.

They're the only growth industries left in Ontario.
I lived in Montreal for 4 years, I am not sure what is Montreal better for? Restaurants and water front and ski places for sure but economically better I don't think so, not to mention the amount of discrimination you get if you are not born there and have a perfect quebecoise French mueehhh

I lived in Montreal for 4 years, I am not sure what is Montreal better for? Restaurants and water front and ski places for sure but economically better I don't think so, not to mention the amount of discrimination you get if you are not born there and have a perfect quebecoise French mueehhh

Skiing. Bitter cold. Bagels. Smoked Meat. Bar B Barn.

Hi there fella. I was just thinking about you. Watching F1 on youtube, the guy starts talking about mono cock tubs.

Was it this one?
[video=youtube;Kds80xmLUPA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kds80xmLUPA[/video]

Not a fan of of that particular group but it does seem that other provinces are leaving us behind.

BC is doing well. There is significant investment in NB and Nova Soctia. Even the city of Winterpeg has managed to pull in 2 billion in new external investment over the past few years.

Alberta not so much but I'm sure oil will rise again some time in the future.

And it's not a Provincial Liberal thing. Other provinces have Liberal governments and are doing a lot better than us. BC is a great example

It upsets me that we are selling off things like hydro to manage the debt and stay afloat. What happens when we have nothing left to sell?

But I guess she will get another majority in 2018.

Also, If I were Horwath or Brown I would think twice about that job. What a mess to sort out if she or he did get voted in.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by yodude

Sure, let's move to... ? To where? If Ontario is no longer the place to prosper, where is that place now?

just threw that in there for the folks who seemed to think it was an argument/solution for taxi drivers vs uber,

what's good for the goose is good for the gander, ridiculous is as ridiculous does

aw gee, they get all excited/cry/wail with a taste of their own medicine, what a shocker

Last edited:
just threw that in there for the folks who seemed to think it was an argument/solution for taxi drivers vs uber,

what's good for the goose is good for the gander, ridiculous is as ridiculous does

aw gee, they get excited/cry/wail with a taste of their own medicine

Logic is not your strong suit.

Back
Top Bottom