Parking Etiquette in the City | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Parking Etiquette in the City

Parking etiquette?

Oh man this guy is such a ****ing chump. For those who don't know, the owner of the penis extension (disclaimer, I too have a lifted truck) made a post on Facebook with a cleverly taken picture of him holding his handicap parking slip with a stepladder behind him only showing the front quarter of the truck. His whole post was about shaming some guy who was taking pictures of him and his truck at BK. People on Facebook let him know that a permit doesn't allow you to block a walkway and use 2 spaces, he called those people *****.

Parking etiquette?

xhAyBZq.jpg
Any way to report this guy?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I was parked where the Audi was until the guy moved it. Witnesses say it wasn't the Audi driver but rather another car which was gone by the time I took this picture.

I missed my court date and had to pay $114 or so. Sucks to be me. They deliberately sent me way out of the way to the North Toronto court and I just couldn't make it.

So take heed; if you park down the street from a hydrant, this could conceivably happen to you too!

I was parked where the Audi was until the guy moved it.

That's the reason I lock my handlebars anytime I park anywhere public. ;)

I was parked where the Audi was until the guy moved it. Witnesses say it wasn't the Audi driver but rather another car which was gone by the time I took this picture.

I missed my court date and had to pay $114 or so. Sucks to be me. They deliberately sent me way out of the way to the North Toronto court and I just couldn't make it.

So take heed; if you park down the street from a hydrant, this could conceivably happen to you too!

I got a $475(?) ticket for parking in a handicap ramp access area (front st between bay and Yonge). When I came out and saw the ticket, I was shocked, then I realized the bike was actually about 2 feet to the left of where I parked it. I knew this, because I left it close to a scooter and now there was room between my bike and the scooter for another bike. Another rider had moved it, either by going back and forth or by lift/dragging it over.
When I approached the prosecutor with the picture, he said I couldn't use it without the agreement of the the officer (presumably to confirm it was accurate). He also didn't understand how it was going to help. When the officer arrived, the prosecutor sent him to talk to me. He was very polite - friendly even. He said he understood I wanted to use a photo and asked if he could see it. As soon as I showed him, he said "Oh that's your bike. You're parked there ever day!" Well, I reminded him, not actually there, but nearby. He said he thought it was so unusual that I parked where it was prohibited that he took a picture too. I said, "actually, I didn't park it there. I parked next to that scooter."
"Oh wow, do you think someone moved it?"
"Yes sir, I do, and I'm prepared to plead not guilty and go to trial (which I was)"
"I never thought of that. I'm going to ask the crown to withdraw it."
And he did. WHen the clerk read the charge, the prosecutor withdrew the charge, and the JP had the most surprised look on her face as she said "Well sir, then you are free to go."

I met the officer on the sidewalk later in the year - he was just as friendly then.
The system can work.

Another time, same area, I parked probably 2.5 metres instead of 3m from the fire hydrant. On many days, the gap is only about 1.5 to 2m on either side of the hydrand, but nobody gets tickets - seems like parking enforcement excercises some discretion. On this day though, 3 more bikes filled up the space directly in front of the hiydrant and about 6 of us ended up with tickets.

Yes, other bikes attracted the attention, but I was still wrong. I just payed that one because I missed my court date. My intention was to plead guilty and try for a lower fine.

You probably threw the officer for a loop.
The are so used to being screamed at, spat upon, assaulted and degraded that being nice to him caused him to be human.

I'll take a pic of my bike parked before I leave. Just in case

That seems to be the take-away here.
Especially in “hairy-parking” situations..
My aunt in Tokyo does the same thing for my uncle and his nice cars. He squeezes into the narrowest spots, while she takes a photo of the cars front and aft, including plates.

I doubt it will make a difference if you end up getting a ticket… but at least you won’t be going in empty handed. Could help?

this **** is irritating. i didn't expect this to happen to me at all but it did. someone moved my bike about 3 feet so it was in the way of a parking garage entrance. this was on camden street, off of spadina. i knew it was moved because i NEVER park in front of any part of the sidewalk thats inclined. so many ****ing ***** out there. luckily i didnt get a ticket or get my bike knocked over. i didnt lock my handlebars so i guess its on me. lesson learned.

Back
Top Bottom