The next frontier ride...Inuvik to Tuk....the Dempster goes further | GTAMotorcycle.com

The next frontier ride...Inuvik to Tuk....the Dempster goes further

MacDoc

Site Supporter
https://goo.gl/maps/7WT8crcE4Ku

For those that have done the Dempster, or planning...well there is another stretch in the offing....

Inuvik-to-Tuk highway will complete Canada’s road network coast to coast
The 128-km $300M project, which began in 2014, is expected to be completed in 2017-18.

tab-na-highway14-01jpg.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

The northern lights illuminate the night sky above a road sign in Inuvik, N.W.T., in January. For a half century and more, an all-weather Inuvik-to-Tuktoyaktuk Highway has been imagined, proposed, talked about in the Northwest Territories.

For a half century and more, an all-weather Inuvik-to-Tuktoyaktuk Highway has been imagined, proposed, talked about in the Northwest Territories. Call it Jack Kerouac on the tundra, the chance to get on the road year-round and drive across a part of Canada glorious in its harsh beauty and still the last frontier. The project, which began in 2014 and has put hundreds of surveyors, equipment operators and labourers to work, is expected to be completed in 2017-18. A series of photographs from the New York Times shows the land and people of a place apart, soon to be linked to the rest of the country.

more
Inuvik-to-Tuk highway will complete Canada?s road network coast to coast | Toronto Star

I first read about them extending this highway about 6 months ago and have been considering riding it once it is open ever since.

I think I would likely fly or truck my bike to Calgary or Edmonton, do the run and ride home. I was briefly considering flying to Whitehorse and buying a new or used bike there (KLR or DR) and riding back, but that is likely too much work figuring out registration and insurance.

I did the Dempster in 2014. This just gives me a reason to go back. :)

Back
Top Bottom