Dutch Auction | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dutch Auction

What if there were a way that we could post our credentials, then let the INSURANCE COMPANIES BID on OUR BUSINESS!??

* Credentials could be broken down to a "point system". Everyone answers a bunch of questions. If you turn out to score say 33 on your points, the Ins companies base their price on your score. Simple.

LET THEM MAKE OFFERS TO US on RATES! Hence the rates they quote would be going DOWN not UP!

That way it would create more COMPETITION in the industry, forcing them to lower their prices in order to compete!

I had a real estate brokers licence for 26 years. RECO (Real Estate Council of Ontario) would keep reminding us about PRICE FIXING and how it is a FEDERAL OFFENCE to use statements like, "this is the going rate" or "that's what everyone charges"! many agents were FINED as a result and some even LOST their LICENCES! Yet any other industry seems to be oblivious to this! All gas stations charge the same, all grocery stores charge the same, all insurance brokers charge the same (relatively Im talking). You go to the car dealership, all the 2016 cars of the same model have the same sticker on them "Manufacturer suggested retail price" so they are all relatively the same but that's NOT price fixing? Whereas real estate commission, if its basically the same as what everyone else charges, that IS price fixing? Its BS. Im glad Im out.

This is such an un-Canadian way to think!

[video=youtube;xibXxtpQ6Xg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xibXxtpQ6Xg[/video]

What if there were a way that we could post our credentials, then let the INSURANCE COMPANIES BID on OUR BUSINESS!??

MAKE OFFERS TO US on RATES!.

You mean exactly how it works now when a capable broker shops your business around? Like Dalton Timmis does, with 19 underwriters (or around 30+ if you're looking for commercial) they shop you around to in order to see how they all price you accordingly?

So, ummm...yeah, this kind of already happens. Smaller brokers just have less insurance companies effectively "bidding" on your business, that's all.

Solution: Go with a big broker.

yeah, thats how my broker always does it. he gets my info, he gets me a sheet with insurance co's, the policy details, prices etc. I then get to choose who gets my business.

Back
Top Bottom