Political Correctness? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Political Correctness?

Something I noticed years ago during discussions somebody would try to make a point by quoting or giving examples from a movie. Without irony. Comedians with their observational humour were seen as delivering the straight goods. We have cartoons. Wow. Is there a kernel of truth in these? Of course. Would I build my personal zeitgeist from this? LOL, That reminds me, I need to check Cosmo to see what the spring colours will be this year. Power of suggestion. Chicken or egg first?

Something I noticed years ago during discussions somebody would try to make a point by quoting or giving examples from a movie. Without irony. Comedians with their observational humour were seen as delivering the straight goods. We have cartoons. Wow. Is there a kernel of truth in these? Of course. Would I build my personal zeitgeist from this? LOL, That reminds me, I need to check Cosmo to see what the spring colours will be this year. Power of suggestion. Chicken or egg first?

Of course these are cartoons but there are very real PC warriors out there that act the same way if not more violent, These cartoons just depic what is happening in the real world with a funny twist.

Of course these are cartoons but there are very real PC warriors out there that act the same way if not more violent, These cartoons just depic what is happening in the real world with a funny twist.

Ok, lets say I agree (I don't see it much in my daily lunch bucket town life) that there are very real PC warriors out there that act etc.....I am suggesting their world view and behaviour is informed and motivated by what they see in the media. One feeds on the other. I think people get a distorted view on what's really happening out there and act on it creating a self perpetuating snowball scenario. I think this is especially a problem with women as they tend to follow without thinking.

Ok, lets say I agree (I don't see it much in my daily lunch bucket town life) that there are very real PC warriors out there that act etc.....I am suggesting their world view and behaviour is informed and motivated by what they see in the media. One feeds on the other. I think people get a distorted view on what's really happening out there and act on it creating a self perpetuating snowball scenario. I think this is especially a problem with women as they tend to follow without thinking.

Agreed. If people used their brains we wouldnt have any of these problems. But most people dont and SJWs and radical feminists are a very good example of those groups of people. Add Trump fans to it lol

Agreed. If people used their brains we wouldnt have any of these problems. But most people dont and SJWs and radical feminists are a very good example of those groups of people. Add Trump fans to it lol

SJWs were behind the abolition of slavery, the end of racial segregation, women's rights starting with the right to vote, freedom of religion and from religion, universal health care, and more. Without those SJWs, Canada would not be Canada.

The Trump thing is interesting. I wouldn't claim to really know what's going on down there but I think his popularity is a good reflection of the frustrations the populace has with politics status quo. Let's face it, US is seriously messed up. Regular presidential candidates, beholden to various interests, are just going to drive US into the ground. An outsider, like a Hitler or Ron Paul type, needs a clear shot at running the place. Closest thing right now is Trump.

SJWs were behind the abolition of slavery, the end of racial segregation, women's rights starting with the right to vote, freedom of religion and from religion, universal health care, and more. Without those SJWs, Canada would not be Canada.

The people you are referring too are not SJWs. They were social activists who took to the streets and brought real change.

SJW in our time and in this contexts has a different definition. it means A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that

I have a lot of respect to people who abolished slaver, first and second wave feminists who fought for true equality of women. Those secularist leaders who despite their lack of religiosity, allowed other to keep their. Angry radical femiNazis silencing anyone who disagrees with them are not to be compared with those amazing men/women.

The people you are referring too are not SJWs. They were social activists who took to the streets and brought real change.

SJW in our time and in this contexts has a different definition. it means A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that

I have a lot of respect to people who abolished slaver, first and second wave feminists who fought for true equality of women. Those secularist leaders who despite their lack of religiosity, allowed other to keep their. Angry radical femiNazis silencing anyone who disagrees with them are not to be compared with those amazing men/women.

+1 LOL, you beat me to the punch. I looked up the SJW definition as well. Sure enough it is what it is. griff2 post is perfect example of SJW rhetoric.

+1 LOL, you beat me to the punch. I looked up the SJW definition as well. Sure enough it is what it is. griff2 post is perfect example of SJW rhetoric.

Bahahaha busted! But thats really what people mean on the internetzz when they use the term SJW. They dont mean MLK lol

Shades of gray. Using SJW as an insult is an easy way to casually dismiss anyone who campaigns in even the most benign way for a social justice issue that you do not agree with, and that is exactly how the term is being used (and overused) these days. It has lost any impact because of the ease in which zealots throw it out against others.

You call out angry feminazis silencing anyone who disagrees with them, but you throwing out SJW against them as a pejorative makes you little different from them.

South Park. Really?!? You've got to be kidding me!

Shades of gray. Using SJW as an insult is an easy way to casually dismiss anyone who campaigns in even the most benign way for a social justice issue that you do not agree with, and that is exactly how the term is being used (and overused) these days. It has lost any impact because of the ease in which zealots throw it out against others.

You call out angry feminazis silencing anyone who disagrees with them, but you throwing out SJW against them as a pejorative makes you little different from them.

The term "social justice warrior" was coined specifically as an insult to describe misguided internet warriors on social issues. It was first known to be used in 2009, so fairly recently. So real social activism cannot be compared to SJW. Know the term and use it properly.

The term "social justice warrior" was coined specifically as an insult to describe misguided internet warriors on social issues. It was first known to be used in 2009, so fairly recently. So real social activism cannot be compared to SJW. Know the term and use it properly.

The term has since been adopted for use as a general purpose insult to be applied to anyone who espouses a social issues agenda you disagree with. Given the pervasiveness of internet dissemination of social discussion, it is no different than calling someone PC or a bleeding heart. Know how the usage and misusage of the term has evolved from its initial scope.

The term has since been adopted for use as a general purpose insult to be applied to anyone who espouses a social issues agenda you disagree with. Given the pervasiveness of internet dissemination of social discussion, it is no different than calling someone PC or a bleeding heart. Know how the usage and misusage of the term has evolved from its initial scope.

Again, the term SJW was coined as an insult. That's the initial scope. People understand that and use it as such. Ashkan pointed that out. Why the rope-a-dope? No wonder everything's all muddled* up.

*a state of bewildering confusion or disorder

Last edited:
Again, the term SJW was coined as an insult. That's the initial scope. People understand that and use it as such. Ashkan pointed that out. Why the rope-a-dope? No wonder everything's all muddled* up.

*a state of bewildering confusion or disorder

+1 ^^^

Not all arguments are equal. When your argument is based on your personal feelings and lack of any facts, you become a SJW who parrots a radical ideology like today's feminism.

If i say men dont have equal rights and back it up with a bunch of facts, then a SJW comes and yells at me in caps, our arguments are not equal and thatd exactly how these SJWs work. They are not there to have a fact based discussion, they are there to silence anyone who speaks outside of their interest.

I can talk to them about how men never get custody of their children, how suicide rates amongst men is 4 ties higher in Canada than women. How men are terrifyingly judges in sexual assault cases before a shred of evidance is even presented. How men make the majority of homeless population in Canada yet women have the most number of shelters. How when women were not doing good in universities they brough affirmative action but now that boys are falling behind, no one pays any attention to them. I can talk about how in a divorce men are the ones who never get 50% of the finances and yes have to pay alimony and child support despite the fact that they have no custody of their children...

I can say all of that and you know what an echo chambered SJW will scream? Wage gap.

These SJWs are not here to bring about social justice or true equality. They want their monopoly of public sympathy which is based on ignorance to continue and will cut the throat of anyone who tries to shed some light on the realities of our social construction.

That's what SJWs are.

Back
Top Bottom