SuperSport New Rider Insurance 2016 - State Farm alternatives? | GTAMotorcycle.com

SuperSport New Rider Insurance 2016 - State Farm alternatives?

PureSolidness

Hey guys first post, nice to meet you all!
So shopping for a bike October 2015, I narrowed my choices to 2014/15 Ninja 300, or 2001/02 Honda CBRf4i (my brother had one as his first bike ages ago, so I was semi-familiar with them).
Followed the stickies and the insurance chart on this forum and gave State Farm a call, got quotes as follows:

My profile:
32yrs old,
full G 10+years, M2 since October 2015
0accidents, 0tickets
MSF Course
York Region/Newmarket

State Farm October 2015 Quotes:
2015 Ninja 300 - 100monthly/1200yearly(liability) 110monthly/1320yearly(full)
2002 CBRF4i - 106monthly/1272yearly(liability - didn't get a full coverage quote cause agent suggested full coverage wasn't really worth it on a 15year old bike).

Told Statefarm I'll keep in touch as I didn't have a bike yet but looking at the quotes it was only 6$ more/month to insure an f4i over a Ninja300, decided to look for an f4i.
Finally got a 2001 f4i (coincidentally found the exact f4i my brother sold over 10years ago, still alive, well-kept and running strong:thumbup:), and gave Statefarm a call back (the agent did tell me in October to expect the quotes to go up once Desjardins rates took effect, but I didn't expect it to go up THIS much :cry:):

State Farm New Feb 2016 Quotes:
2001 CBRf4i - 270monthly/3242(liability only)

That's almost 2000$ more/year! This guy, now an extremely sad panda :(
Does anyone have any suggestions of other insurance companies someone with my profile can call for my f4i??? Any help GREATLY appreciated.

EDIT - UPDATE FEBRUARY 26:

Here's the numbers I got after calling around, pretty much tried every company/person recommended by forum members, and some random ones. Hopefully this helps other new riders find a good company/rate:

Surnet (Paul/Chris South) via Aviva - 2133$ standalone 1917$ w/auto (these guy's were really friendly and replied VERY quickly - they actually PM'ed me within an hr of me making this thread)
Melissa Jones via Aviva - Same prices as Surnet
Economical Select via school alumni group rate - wouldn't insure without full M/experience
Vinnie Allstate - 750$ if I bundled all 3 of moto/auto/home (required)
Grant Redfern Allstate - tried the unicorn policy, same as Vinnie
Riders Plus - don't insure SS anymore
Dalton Timmis (Andy Singh) via Royal & Sun: 872$ if bundled with auto(required) (Andy = AMAZING guy to deal with, highly recommended)

I ended up going with Dalton Timmis as their bundled total rate with moto/auto was similar to Allstate, and I didn't have to bring home over as well. And also because I felt Andy was a genuine dude and knew his sh*t lol.

Last edited:
So many threads on this topic already... Please look around in the Insurance subforum.

Insuring your bike only will always give higher rates than taking another piece of business (car/house). A lot of companies will probably require you to have something else, as MC is not standard auto.

Hey, PureSolidness give me a call and lets see what we come up with... We are pretty competitive with our motorcycles right now.

Hey guys first post, nice to meet you all!
So shopping for a bike October 2015, I narrowed my choices to 2014/15 Ninja 300, or 2001/02 Honda CBRf4i (my brother had one as his first bike ages ago, so I was semi-familiar with them).
Followed the stickies and the insurance chart on this forum and gave State Farm a call, got quotes as follows:

My profile:
32yrs old,
full G 10+years, M2 since October 2015
0accidents, 0tickets
MSF Course
York Region/Newmarket

State Farm October 2015 Quotes:
2015 Ninja 300 - 100monthly/1200yearly(liability) 110monthly/1320yearly(full)
2002 CBRF4i - 106monthly/1272yearly(liability - didn't get a full coverage quote cause agent suggested full coverage wasn't really worth it on a 15year old bike).

Told Statefarm I'll keep in touch as I didn't have a bike yet but looking at the quotes it was only 6$ more/month to insure an f4i over a Ninja300, decided to look for an f4i.
Finally got a 2001 f4i (coincidentally found the exact f4i my brother sold over 10years ago, still alive, well-kept and running strong:thumbup:), and gave Statefarm a call back (the agent did tell me in October to expect the quotes to go up once Desjardins rates took effect, but I didn't expect it to go up THIS much :cry:):

State Farm New Feb 2016 Quotes:
2001 CBRf4i - 270monthly/3242(liability only)

That's almost 2000$ more/year! This guy, now an extremely sad panda :(
Does anyone have any suggestions of other insurance companies someone with my profile can call for my f4i??? Any help GREATLY appreciated.
im the same age, and on a cbr600rr and only pay $650 a year.
for some unknown reason my thread was closed or moved or something so i cant reference you to it, im waiting to hear back from Paul to figure out what happened when i was just trying to help other riders.

anyway, if you want my brokers info feel free to pm me or join 600rr.net and look me up (same username.)

for some unknown reason my thread was closed or moved or something so i cant reference you to it, im waiting to hear back from Paul to figure out what happened when i was just trying to help other riders.

anyway, if you want my brokers info feel free to pm me or join 600rr.net and look me up (same username.)

I'm 44, on a ZX6R, and your broker wanted $2018/yr. (non-GTA..) [shrug].. Looks like it depends on WHAT supersport.

Maybe because you are technically advertising for a broker...

Last edited:
I'm 44, on a ZX6R, and your broker wanted $2018/yr. (non-GTA..) [shrug].. Looks like it depends on WHAT supersport.
it very well could depend on the actual bike with them and not just the class. how is your record though?

i have a friend who is going to get quoted on a 06 636 soon from her and he is in the downtown core, we will see how that goes .
i think that the GSXR's are going to be higher as well, more common bikes much more claims.
she quoted someone else on here at $1300 a year for a MV agusta
yer splitting hairs if you call that advertising. everyone on here posts that they got a new rate that was good and then puts their brokerages contact info...i see it happen every day.
i never supplied her info when she worked for SF a few years back eventhough she was my broker, and i didnt give out her info 2 yrs before that when she was at a different office and had my harley at $527 a year with wawanesa.

i was honestly only giving out her info because of the situation that SF has put all the SS riders in.
my SF 2016 renewal just came in the mail today... it was just under $2900/year ($241.66 a month) considering when i signed up with SF i paid $80 a month, and then $120, then last year she was up to $150 a month..
im quite happy with just $650 a year now.

yer splitting hairs if you call that advertising.

i was honestly only giving out her info because of the situation that SF has put all the SS riders in.

I think you'll find out it had more to do with the fact she herself showed up and started blatantly advertising her services, moreso than you talking about her.

I've seen this situation from both sides, and when other companies DO pay to advertise on a big forum (as happens here) they sure get upset when someone else shows up and tries to do it for free. It's not surprising to me at all that the staff whacked the thread in question. A member talking about something good, be it a company or a product...one thing, and part of normal forum discussions. The company or a representative from a company showing up and pimping their services or product, an entirely different thing.

I think you'll find out it had more to do with the fact she herself showed up and started blatantly advertising her services, moreso than you talking about her.

I've seen this situation from both sides, and when other companies DO pay to advertise on a big forum (as happens here) they sure get upset when someone else shows up and tries to do it for free. It's not surprising to me at all that the staff whacked the thread in question. A member talking about something good, be it a company or a product...one thing, and part of normal forum discussions. The company or a representative from a company showing up and pimping their services or product, an entirely different thing.

I don't want to thread jack anymore than I just accidentally did.

PureSolidness- it said you got your quote in Oct 2015, are you just trying to get insurance now or did you get the bike and try back then?
State farms rating structure changed as of early 2016, so it's not the broker wrongfully quoting you..it's state farm changing the rates.

Hey, PureSolidness give me a call and lets see what we come up with... We are pretty competitive with our motorcycles right now.

Im in the same boat --- Im currently insured with state farm and since they are switching over to Dejardens they it went from $67.75/month to $114.67... I have no claim, no tickets, 33yrs old and a 2001 Honda CBR 600f4i

any help will be appreciated

And you don't? Lol. Tell me you're not Vinnie Allstate insurance.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

And you don't? Lol. Tell me you're not Vinnie Allstate insurance.

Never said I wasn't. But so what I said before stands. When I am using this handle I don't advertise. With the other one, I can respond... So I do. But the bottom line is, I pay to do it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never said I wasn't. But so what I said before stands. When I am using this handle I don't advertise. With the other one, I can respond... So I do. But the bottom line is, I pay to do it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fair enough. My bad.

Thanks for the info man!

I don't want to thread jack anymore than I just accidentally did.

PureSolidness- it said you got your quote in Oct 2015, are you just trying to get insurance now or did you get the bike and try back then?
State farms rating structure changed as of early 2016, so it's not the broker wrongfully quoting you..it's state farm changing the rates.

Yah, just got quotes Oct2015 to see what my bike options were. Than when I decided and got the bike, called them up again this month to see what the updated rates were. The SF broker was straight up with me though, said for me to expect rates to go up with the Desjardins changeover, I just didn't expect it to go up THIS much. I understand it's not her fault and she's been very honest.

Im in the same boat --- Im currently insured with state farm and since they are switching over to Dejardens they it went from $67.75/month to $114.67... I have no claim, no tickets, 33yrs old and a 2001 Honda CBR 600f4i

any help will be appreciated

Damm nice rate my friend, even the $114 isnt TOO bad, compared what I've seen mine/others on here.
I'm guessing you have alot more riding experience than me though!

Here's the numbers I got after calling around, pretty much tried every company/person recommended by forum members, and some random ones. Hopefully this helps other new riders find a good company/rate:

Surnet (Paul/Chris South) via Aviva - 2133$ standalone 1917$ w/auto (these guy's were really friendly and replied VERY quickly - they actually PM'ed me within an hr of me making this thread)
Melissa Jones via Aviva - Same prices as Surnet
Economical Select via school alumni group rate - wouldn't insure without full M/experience
Vinnie Allstate - 750$ if I bundled all 3 of moto/auto/home (required)
Grant Redfern Allstate - tried the unicorn policy, same as Vinnie
Riders Plus - don't insure SS anymore
Dalton Timmis (Andy Singh) via Royal & Sun: 872$ if bundled with auto(required) (Andy = AMAZING guy to deal with, highly recommended)

I ended up going with Dalton Timmis as their bundled total rate with moto/auto was similar to Allstate, and I didn't have to bring home over as well. And also because I felt Andy was a genuine dude and knew his sh*t lol.

Curious why they required bundled...must be a SS only thing? I have my bike (soon to be two) with Dalton Timmis and I had no such requirement, although both are cruisers.

Andy wrote my policy as well after I'd talked to him more than a few times about things and I share your opinions - great guy, took lots of time to answer all my questions and make things easy for me.

Curious why they required bundled...must be a SS only thing? I have my bike (soon to be two) with Dalton Timmis and I had no such requirement, although both are cruisers.

Andy wrote my policy as well after I'd talked to him more than a few times about things and I share your opinions - great guy, took lots of time to answer all my questions and make things easy for me.

Yah, I think the sportbike factor combined with me being a relatively new rider. You probably have much more experience than me and/or full M so they trust you more :)

Back
Top Bottom