From Toronto to PEI Help | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

From Toronto to PEI Help

Best this to do is use tripadvisor/google/Yahoo travel to find place/restaurants/hotels to visit on your route.

Do you have to pay in advance by any chance or does that depend on the place?

Independent places or Internet services may require a deposit or advance payment.

But chains typically allow you to preauthorize a credit card but not actually charge the card. SPG, Marriott, Super 6, Comfort Inn etc.

They may even do both? With a reduced rate for paying in advance.

Just call and asked about their cancelation policy or booking modification policy.

Most national companies are very up front.

When you get into smaller places, bed and breakfast places etc. That is where they might take payment and keep it regardless of cancelation of change requests.

Ultimately, you can dispute any charges that are made over the phone and typically have them reverse. A few exceptions but for the most part, you are in the drivers seat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help I'll do some calling in the upcoming weeks.

I still gotta book the ferry and i think I'll do that sometime next week.

I've got a question about the cabot trail, is the whole road gonna be closed or just short sections of it? I plan on hitting it when I go.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

what ferry are you booking??

I assume you are crossing on to PEI over the big bridge

Screen%2520Shot%25202015-04-09%2520at%2520Apr%252C%25209%2520%2520%2520%25202015%2520%2520%2520%25201.41.36%2520AM.jpg

then come off on the ferry at the S end of the island which should not require booking ahead.

AirBnB are quite strict on their cancelation policy -

Not sure when you are going now but it is not high season so accommodation should not be an issue until after July 1st and perhaps the week leading up to it.

Cape Breton is light on accommodation period tho AirBnB has helped. It has a very short tourist season.

Booking the ferry from ferries. CA that leave from wood island pei to nova Scotia.

I was gonna do the other way around but they don't do one way trips. I didn't wanna do a round trip because I wanted to drive the bridge.

Come to the PEI via the Confed bridge and then off via the ferry - don't bother to book it.

Natural loop is Cape Breton, PEI, the back to Nova Scotia, HAlifax, Peggy's Cove over to Anapolis Valley and Evangeline Trail ( go to Bear River for sure ) but that is fully reversible...and while you may not be able to book the ferry one way you can certainly just drive up to it as we did then off the Confederation bridge.

It's not like the Newfoundland Ferry where you must book ahead.

Come to the PEI via the Confed bridge and then off via the ferry - don't bother to book it.

Natural loop is Cape Breton, PEI, the back to Nova Scotia, HAlifax, Peggy's Cove over to Anapolis Valley and Evangeline Trail ( go to Bear River for sure ) but that is fully reversible...and while you may not be able to book the ferry one way you can certainly just drive up to it as we did then off the Confederation bridge.

It's not like the Newfoundland Ferry where you must book ahead.
Even if you're taking your car on the ferry it doesn't matter?

It runs very frequently and not a long trip - might depend on when you go - but I hate being pinned to a ferry booking

I showed up at the ferry just after one left, I asked how long until the next (a long time) and how long to ride around to the bridge (a slightly less long time). I rode to the bridge and beat the ferry to the island side by a substantial margin. The bridge may be the most boring stretch of road in the entire world though, high sides and radar/cameras make for a sad time.

I showed up at the ferry just after one left, I asked how long until the next (a long time) and how long to ride around to the bridge (a slightly less long time). I rode to the bridge and beat the ferry to the island side by a substantial margin. The bridge may be the most boring stretch of road in the entire world though, high sides and radar/cameras make for a sad time.
Boring for people who don't crash or speed maybe lol.

Boring for people who don't crash or speed maybe lol.

With the radar along the bridge and obviously only 2 ways off, I figured it wasn't worth picking up the speeds too much. You are literally trapped if they want to fundraise. If you take the bridge enough, maybe you could figure out where the stations are and hustle between them.

It's 11km long with an 80 kph speed limit. Nothing too brutal.

I've lived here off and on since 2012, and have only taken the wolf island ferry once into Pictou NS. The bridge is always there, almost always open, just a predictable given.

Boring? Life before the bridge was even more 'exciting'. ;)

It's 11km long with an 80 kph speed limit. Nothing too brutal.

I've lived here off and on since 2012, and have only taken the wolf island ferry once into Pictou NS. The bridge is always there, almost always open, just a predictable given.

Boring? Life before the bridge was even more 'exciting'. ;)
Pm me on how you like living there

The bridge is lovely from the Nova Scotia shore...the visitor centre is worth a stop.
psst! (New Brunswick shore)

The coastal roads to the North and the one to the south both lead back to the bridge and are so much more fun than following a transport truck hey diddle diddle straight down the middle. :D

Look at 955 Murray Corner.

getting down to the nitty gritty - nice to have a 55" screen to plan on

https://goo.gl/maps/uFyKc6auV6C2

and still be able to read the place names etc

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-05-29%2Bat%2BMay%252C%2B29%2B%2B%2B%2B2016%2B%2B%2B%2B1.37.15%2BAM.jpg

Roughly a week to get there ....a weekend playing on the tidal bore and perhaps the next week hitting Cape Breton PEI Peggy's Cove and Annapolis Valley

Then a week back via the US.

Our first week/two weekends are pretty much set....open to suggestions after that especially for the US portion where I have no experience.

I'm getting my threads all tangled up....

We leave June 24th heading north to Rouyn-Noranda then loop over the Transcanada staying north of Montreal and Quebec city.

So I'm leaving in a couple days. I ha e a question, my car is pretty loud if I get an exhaust ticket in say Quebec or new brunswick do I have to pay them?

Back
Top Bottom