Roam Mobility - cell phone option for US travel | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roam Mobility - cell phone option for US travel

lots of unlocked 4 and 4s iphones cheap $30-70 - we carry them as spares and good for something like a ROAM sim.

True, but finding them unlocked isn't all that common, and an iPhone unlock still runs $50+. An already unlocked one for $50-$75 would be a worthwhile deal, even if only to use it as a hotspot device to pair your existing phone to.

I've used roam mobility (on an unlocked phone) for trips to Vegas & Chicago. All good, no complaints.

I wouldn't pay a dime over $50 for an unlocked iPhone 4 right now, and MAYBE $75 for an unlocked 4S if it was mint.

Some people are crazy with what they think their old hardware is worth. The 4S is at least still supported, the 4...well, obsolete for all intents and purposes. Still functional as a spare handset in this situation being discussed here, but if people think they're going to get $150 for one, well...I've got some swampland to sell them.

It really depends on how much you travel and the cost of getting your handset unlocked. For people that only travel perhaps once a year in the US, and only for a day or so, just getting a short-term roaming option directly with your main carrier is probably abiut the same cost - they have become more reasonable in recent years.

When you travel multiple times per year, or for extended periods, getting a US based service or using a service like Roam quickly pays off however.
I agree. I only buy unlocked phones, have an iPhone 6+. Cheaper to buy it outright then get a new contract from Rogers for me.

Back
Top Bottom