Where to ride in snow | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to ride in snow

I was looking at these for my Grom. The stock tires suck so why not.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking. The stock tires on my CRF250L are just OK, so once I replace them, might as well drive studs into them and see what happens.

starting in 2 sundays Feb 7 our newest ice track 1.3 miles bidirectional ice course will be open... its just finished and is spectacular with blow your mind decreasing radius corners ,feet up top gear wfo corners 90"s and everything in between and don't forget the high speed drafting straight aways . we use 100 xr"s and crf with Marcel Fournier 2 way tires READ IMMACULATE traction on a weinie bikes going into corners at 105 %,,, do I sound like im excited well very much so its the most fun ive ever had on 2 wheels .. if you come out and give this a try you will not believe the racecraft that's involved here. Think about it ..many of the major roadrace schools are using 100 crf"s in the dirt to train riders and while this is similar we have almost perfect traction under us and crashing is a breeze with no roadrash !!! lol so give me a call and I will let you know what"s needed to start.This a cheep way to learn how to get really fast guys !! 613 267 6861 woody

edit: not me, a way bit east of the gta

Last edited:
snowmobile trails are an option. we used to ride them without studs and the packed snow hooked up pretty good. The bad is that most trails have been stolen by the snowmobile/trail association (whatever it is called) and now charge sledders 2-300 hundred dollars for a pass and no longer allow bikes/atv's on the trails.

Around elliot lake those trails were roughed out and built by locals. The federation came in and basically stole them away. Anyhow if you know of trails that do not require a sled pass i suggest you give them a try. its a blast. but you definitely need a heated shed or garage to thaw the bikes out afterwards as the airbox cables etc get totally frosted out and need drying out / cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom