Oil Burners | GTAMotorcycle.com

Oil Burners

My blade burned about under a liter every 2000km. Soild bike other then that problem. Forum member sold it to me and said it didn't burn at all which I believed him. Oh well. Sold it at a lost because I disclosed all known problems.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My blade burned about under a liter every 2000km. Soild bike other then that problem. Forum member sold it to me and said it didn't burn at all which I believed him. Oh well. Sold it at a lost because I disclosed all known problems.

Yours was an 08?

I had a friend who had a 2009 and he claimed not a drop of oil went missing. He owned that bike for a few years. From other forums I gathered that all 2008's burned and some 2009s did while other didn't and that Honda fixed the issue after 2009.

I had a friend who had a 2009 and he claimed not a drop of oil went missing. He owned that bike for a few years. From other forums I gathered that all 2008's burned and some 2009s did while other didn't and that Honda fixed the issue after 2009.

Did you take a hit on the sale? There's a number to call in the comments here if you did. Lemon Laws or lack thereof (Ontario), seems like Honda was ponying up the cash to those who applied legal pressure. There are guys with 2011's still complaining of this issue. The number is in the comments.

http://classactionlawsuitsinthenews...n-ring-engine-oil-class-action-lawsuit-filed/

Did you take a hit on the sale? There's a number to call in the comments here if you did. Lemon Laws or lack thereof (Ontario), seems like Honda was ponying up the cash to those who applied legal pressure. There are guys with 2011's still complaining of this issue. The number is in the comments.

http://classactionlawsuitsinthenews...n-ring-engine-oil-class-action-lawsuit-filed/
Well I dropped it at the gap as well so I probably lost about $1000 after all said and done. I doubt I can get into the class action suit as I didn't even own the thing for a full year.

1cadf3d7802e35ebc3a27f4fd36d65bd.jpg
this was after the accident where a Michigan rider and I crashed into each other. We shook hands and rode off. Luckily it was minor but still a few pieces of plastics scratched up.

Last edited:
If you check the 1000RR forum, its been a long drawn out discussion. The 08 I have has 70 something thousand on it. It started as a street bike but went to a full time track bike for the last few years. On the street, it was about 1L/4000km, on the track its around 500ml/4 track days. Engine still pulls pretty hard, haven't had mechanical issues with it. The only problem has been the rider. Motul 7100, the oil usage has been consistent, but not as excessive as others have seen.

I came here expecting a thread about either 2 strokes or diesels. Disappointment followed.

With Honda's reluctance to admit the issue (you have to go through quite a few hoops), and the crankshaft issues in some (again, hoops) it'll be interesting to see what happens in the next couple years. With a 9 year model run where aging is an understatement I know many have turned to other brands. On the plus side the parts support now is fantastic if you're just an regular trackday guy.

You should name names. Not cool

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom