Where's the sledding??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where's the sledding???

Xhumeka

This winter SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS for snowmobiling :(

Any of you fellow sledders still somehow taking advantage of the winter season? Where is there snow to be found?

I usually hate trailering to snowmobile, but this year leaves me no option :(

Check out the sea of RED below... global warming sucks!

closed_snowmobile_trails.jpg

I have done 140Kms. But that was before the defrost. All I can see now is up near Sudbury, but that doesn't even look good. Has anyone been stateside?

The free weekends always brings out the retards ..

With holidays coming up ill be headed northwards for some riding i guess ..

got about 250k so far, done that around hanover and wingham area

media.nl

jeesh, you're lucky considering the North Huron Trail Groomers just yesterday posted to facebook that the season was "over" and they predicted their trails would likely remain closed the rest of the season :(

ya that was earlier this season before the big thaw

I was out all day Saturday in -20 C temperatures and with all the fogging and icing it became clear I need an electric visor or goggles!! Looks like Royal Distributing has a sale on now that I might check out... do any of you guys have a snowmobile helmet that you really like that you would recommend? I've never had an electric visor before so I'm interested in first hand experience.

Also - my sled ('07 ski doo) has a 12v accessory outlet that I've never even looked at, do they have the same plug as 12v outlets in cars or are they different? I'd assume they would be more snow/water resistant than car outlets, but again, I've never bothered to even look at mine (which is 2 hours away from me at the moment so it's hard to quickly check ;) I assume that all electric visors/goggles will come with the plug I need, or will I have to buy an adapter or somehow hard wire a new connector?

Last edited:
I was out all day Saturday in -20 C temperatures and with all the fogging and icing it became clear I need an electric visor or goggles!! Looks like Royal Distributing has a sale on now that I might check out... do any of you guys have a snowmobile helmet that you really like that you would recommend? I've never had an electric visor before so I'm interested in first hand experience.

Also - my sled ('07 ski doo) has a 12v accessory outlet that I've never even looked at, do they have the same plug as 12v outlets in cars or are they different? I'd assume they would be more snow/water resistant than car outlets, but again, I've never bothered to even look at mine (which is 2 hours away from me at the moment so it's hard to quickly check ;) I assume that all electric visors/goggles will come with the plug I need, or will I have to buy an adapter or somehow hard wire a new connector?

you was out were? more details needed

Electric visor plugs into a phono jack looks similar to the old analog audio cables.

Heated visors are nice for fog, etc. Generally will not prevent icing due to freezing drizzle or rain. I currently use a CKX Trans modular. It is OK with it wish it was more quiet but love the modular on the sled.

Electric visor plugs into a phono jack looks similar to the old analog audio cables.

Heated visors are nice for fog, etc. Generally will not prevent icing due to freezing drizzle or rain. I currently use a CKX Trans modular. It is OK with it wish it was more quiet but love the modular on the sled.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if the 12v snowmobile accessory outlets also look like the old phono/rca jack, or is it just a normal "cigarette-lighter" style plug?

Back
Top Bottom