RACE mentor program & discounts @ Shannonville | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE mentor program & discounts @ Shannonville

boyoboy

This was posted by doubleapex and I thought it was worthy of its own thread. Perhaps folks can connect with a potential mentor here.

From a RACE bulletin in November:

CURRENT RACE SUPERSERIES RACERS

Here is a great opportunity for our current RACE Superseries riders at Shannonville Motorsport Park!

Be a mentor to a racer who has never competed before in the RACE series. You can save 50% off your entry fees for the weekend. Come to Registration with your new racer. Register together, and show him or her the ropes and each of you will received 50% off your entry fees for the weekend. This offer is not available through pre-registration.

You can learn more at the upcoming Z1 Advanced track bike preparation seminar with the opportunity to meet possible mentors should you choose to compete next season.

Keep in mind that the discount does not apply to Friday fees if you choose to participate in the Friday practice day.

We participated with 3 new racers last year and can again with 3 this year.

And remember that I have offered to pay the weekend transponder fees for any NEW to racing competitor who is on the grid for Lightweight Production class at Round 1.

Last edited:
and i believe this is for a new rider in any class, not just the 300 lwt riders. great opportunity for any new rider looking to move up from track days to racing.

I participated in this last year and the person i tagged up with is selling his street bike and going only track now!

Would be willing to do it again for Round 1!

Sorry I didn't mean to imply if I did that the mentor program is for lightweight classes only.

and i believe this is for a new rider in any class, not just the 300 lwt riders. great opportunity for any new rider looking to move up from track days to racing.

Additional program:

Anyone taking the racing school on April 30 Saturday gets to stay and ride the May 1 Sunday test day for free.

Courtesy of RACE

Additional program:

Anyone taking the racing school on April 30 Saturday gets to stay and ride the May 1 Sunday test day for free.

Courtesy of RACE

Very nice. I wish they offered us something like this last year.

Very nice. I wish they offered us something like this last year.

They did offer the same last year. Unfortunately for you since I influenced them to host an additional race school late in the year for you and the others on a Friday before a race weekend, there was no additional 'test' day following your school.

I thought you said you were going to be my crew chief in exchange for a watermelon?

What??? ....you better stock up on watermelons.

But seriously, I think you'll pick up a few things in a couple of weeks at the seminar that'll help you deal with the extra 40lb that comes with black numbers. It might be a good idea to bring along a member of your crew as some of what will be covered might end up being your dad or wife's responsibility.

Dricked is going to be too busy mentoring me to go as fast as he does.

I will see you guys at the seminar. What's a preload anyway?

But seriously, I think you'll pick up a few things in a couple of weeks at the seminar that'll help you deal with the extra 40lb that comes with black numbers. It might be a good idea to bring along a member of your crew as some of what will be covered might end up being your dad or wife's responsibility.

Lol how many watermelons per round would you need? 1-2 dozen?

I'm pondering about bringing my dad but he's a weapon already and I fear with more knowledge it'll just make it nuclear. It may be better to just take notes and only give him the information he needs. He's aware we need someone else that can do things as its a lot of work for me to do everything.

Additional program:

Courtesy of RACE

Is there a link to more info? Is this the racing school to get your license or the FAST track school? I did the 3 day Racer5 thing last year and can just apply for my license. It'd be nice to get more specific instruction tailored to me.

Back
Top Bottom