Ducati xDiavel | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati xDiavel

I thought I knew bikes but looks wise this bike looks the same as the Diavel I've always known. Somehow now it's all of a sudden in the cruiser category? There must be significant changes but at first glance it looks the same to me.

The original Diavel was the first step for Ducati towards the Cruiser market. I wouldn't call the original diavel a cruiser, its more of a street bike that would shame most of the sport-bikes. Even in the ads Ducati would advertise "Don't call me a cruiser!".

The xDiavel on the other hand, has feet-forward design. Wider handle bars, fatter mid-range power band. Its slightly heavier than the current diavel, and a few horses less in peak power. And they're officially calling it a 'cruiser'.

Design language on both, the Diavel and the XDiavel, is the same, but XDiavel is a different bike. Except for the rear tire size, and perhaps the Brembo M50 brakes on the xDiavel, everything is different.

Here's me and my buddy having fun at the Cayuga drag strip :) I'll post some pictures shortly.

[video=youtube;Bc_tafFQ2gc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_tafFQ2gc&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=na sserkhan6[/video]

The original Diavel was the first step for Ducati towards the Cruiser market. I wouldn't call the original diavel a cruiser, its more of a street bike that would shame most of the sport-bikes. Even in the ads Ducati would advertise "Don't call me a cruiser!".

The xDiavel on the other hand, has feet-forward design. Wider handle bars, fatter mid-range power band. Its slightly heavier than the current diavel, and a few horses less in peak power. And they're officially calling it a 'cruiser'.

Design language on both, the Diavel and the XDiavel, is the same, but XDiavel is a different bike. Except for the rear tire size, and perhaps the Brembo M50 brakes on the xDiavel, everything is different.

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like the Diavel was always intended as a segway into the cruiser category, they just weren't confident enough to launch it as such from the get go. From a branding and marketing perspective, I do find this confusing to consumers. The Diavel was always in a category of its own, that I thought appealed more so to the sport rider than the cruiser category... So now to label it a cruiser by adding an X in front of a sport oriented brand seems wrong to me.

25k for the S version .I better get some overtime at work under my belt .

25k for the S version .I better get some overtime at work under my belt .

That's just the bike..lol. The current Diavel Carbon starts at 23k plus tax. If u want a full Termi exhaust, that's gonna set u back about 3500. And then u want the other shiny bits.

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like the Diavel was always intended as a segway into the cruiser category, they just weren't confident enough to launch it as such from the get go. From a branding and marketing perspective, I do find this confusing to consumers. The Diavel was always in a category of its own, that I thought appealed more so to the sport rider than the cruiser category... So now to label it a cruiser by adding an X in front of a sport oriented brand seems wrong to me.

I agree with you. They should've used another name instead of xDiavel. The current Diavel will continue to be sold along side the xDiavel. :dontknow:

If i remember correctly, at least on the "x", you wont have to remove the exhaust to change the oil filter. The diavel was intended to be in the "power cruiser" category, along with the vmax and the m109r and the hd vrod(not sure what honda has for an equivalent??). The "x" is a diavel,, what else could they have named it? I regards to pricing, its up there with the vmax and just over the cost of the vrod, how well sales will be here in canada?? but im sure they'll sell in the u.s market, giving the american buyer a non-jap alternative because we all know how much they like the japanese??

If i remember correctly, at least on the "x", you wont have to remove the exhaust to change the oil filter. The diavel was intended to be in the "power cruiser" category, along with the vmax and the m109r and the hd vrod(not sure what honda has for an equivalent??). The "x" is a diavel,, what else could they have named it? I regards to pricing, its up there with the vmax and just over the cost of the vrod, how well sales will be here in canada?? but im sure they'll sell in the u.s market, giving the american buyer a non-jap alternative because we all know how much they like the japanese??

Not sure what gave you the idea that u have to remove the exhaust to replace the oil filter? If u have proper tools, you don't need to remove the exhaust. As for the comparison, M109r and the Diavel are world's apart! Ive ridden the M109 and there's one parked in my garage right now and they couldn't be any different. The current Diavel doesn't fully fit in any of the bike classification categories. The closest thing that comes close to the Diavel is the VMax, and it's 300+lbs heavier. The Diavel is a sport bike that looks like a street bike. It even handles quite well.

The XDiavel is a full on cruiser and even that defies the typical stereotypes of a cruiser. I haven't ridden the XDiavel yet so I can't comment on how it rides but you have to ride a Diavel to know what it's about.

Sales wise, the XDiavel goes head-on against the vrod. Lets see how it does. The Diavel did pretty well.. And if you read the review or talk to anyone, you won't find a single person who dislikes the Diavel. It puts a smile on your face every single time. And that's what matters :)

Not sure what gave you the idea that u have to remove the exhaust to replace the oil filter? If u have proper tools, you don't need to remove the exhaust. As for the comparison, M109r and the Diavel are world's apart! Ive ridden the M109 and there's one parked in my garage right now and they couldn't be any different. The current Diavel doesn't fully fit in any of the bike classification categories. The closest thing that comes close to the Diavel is the VMax, and it's 300+lbs heavier. The Diavel is a sport bike that looks like a street bike. It even handles quite well.

The XDiavel is a full on cruiser and even that defies the typical stereotypes of a cruiser. I haven't ridden the XDiavel yet so I can't comment on how it rides but you have to ride a Diavel to know what it's about.

Sales wise, the XDiavel goes head-on against the vrod. Lets see how it does. The Diavel did pretty well.. And if you read the review or talk to anyone, you won't find a single person who dislikes the Diavel. It puts a smile on your face every single time. And that's what matters :)

Absolutely love mine. 2012 Diavel. Had fun on it ever since. 53.000 kms.
When I first sat on one, did not like it one bit. Came from a SV 1000. Big fat ugly tank in front of me. Big fat rear tire. Was sort of OK.
Went home and read all about it. The engineering, everything. Changed my mind when I rode it.
Boy oh boy. Grinned from ear to ear.

Pros, Almost every thing. Loads of torque all the way up.

Cons. New tires every year( $600) False neutrals. Has now been taken care of. Thanks Ducati Peninsula and Cornerstone extended warranty.

Not a cheap bike. Then neither is life. Live it and love it.

Would I ride the XDiavel? Just to demo it. Not thinking of buying.

Lots of non current Diavels available .

Here's some pictures of us trio:

_DSC0981.jpg
_DSC0954.jpg
_DSC0955.jpg
_DSC0953.jpg
_DSC0949.jpg
20151011_140642.jpg
20151011_194118.jpg

Back
Top Bottom