Ducati xDiavel | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati xDiavel

Skully

nice looking bike, is this an attempt to hammer the vrod?? dont like the 2-up pic, but for a solo bar/light to light scooter, it fits the bill perfectly.

the bikes link is here along with vids and specs: LINK

02_Xdiavel_3-4sinistra.jpg

I don't think V-Rod buyers would consider a Diavel. Come to think of it, while I can remember the last time I've seen one on the road, it was many'a moon ago in the Orangeville Timmy's parking lot.

I can't bring myself to say anything bad about it, I secretly like the Diavel. Well, maybe that the 2-up pic screams "do not attempt" to me

I don't think V-Rod buyers would consider a Diavel. Come to think of it, while I can remember the last time I've seen one on the road, it was many'a moon ago in the Orangeville Timmy's parking lot.

I can't bring myself to say anything bad about it, I secretly like the Diavel. Well, maybe that the 2-up pic screams "do not attempt" to me

huh? based on what?! I was a v-rod owner who switched to the Diavel. 2-up is terrible on both bikes!

People don't seem to understand the amount of engineering that goes into a functional cruiser, never mind one which looks good and goes like stink. If the foot pegs were about a foot (no pun intended) forward this bike would be a home run.

People don't seem to understand the amount of engineering that goes into a functional cruiser, never mind one which looks good and goes like stink. If the foot pegs were about a foot (no pun intended) forward this bike would be a home run.
I thought the exact same thing.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

without actually sitting on this model/bike, i think the peg position looks pretty good, if further out, makes for a long day in the saddle being stretched forward and arms apart.

like most "bikers", vanity and lack of funds wont allow ownership of a good bike. peer pressure is enormous in all circles. besides, real bikers are broke *** anyways:lmao:

huh? based on what?! I was a v-rod owner who switched to the Diavel. 2-up is terrible on both bikes!

So you're actually agreeing with me, then

I was actually in the market for one of these (power cruisers). Vrod felt too small and the Diaval was horrible in terms of maintenance requirements and was much to "sportbike" like. Vrod's aren't great sellers but they bring a different client to the brand in hopes they stay. I've never seen a Diaval on the road.

And regarding the footpegs, many feel the "Vrod Street" was the most comfortable one (same peg placement as Diaval).

Ive seen a trio of guys all on diavels pull into forks a couple times while i was having coffee. Cool looking bikes, always wondered what it would be like to ride one.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Love the 2nd generation Diavel. It was definitely going to be my next bike, until these ridiculous insurance spikes just came down the line.

The new Diavel, well, I'm not so sure about. Looks too V-Rod to me. I love the new headlight and the exhaust compared to the older Diavel, but oh well, what can you do.

As for the maintenance requirements, they've pushed everything to 24K km of the valve checks etc. Pretty much standard across the board nowadays.

Rode one of them, had an absolute blast. No chance any other USA based cruiser would be able to touch it handling or any other way, except luggage capacity and wind screens.

If I can find and older Diavel for a decent price, I will still consider it, but it will have to be a decent deal for sure.

Last edited:
What is the cost in Canada ?

I'm a Diavel owner. I had a 2011 carbon black, now I have a 2015 carbon white. After my bike 2 of my friends bought them two. So the trio that Beekman saw at the forks was us :) Diavel is an awesome bike.. A complete package. Looks, performance, comfort. I've posted a 10.85 quartermile at Cayuga. And we've ridden to Mont Tramblant over the long weekend. And it gets the looks. My 2015 has 16k kms on it already and I haven't had any maintenance issues. The major valve service is due at 30k kms. It's an expensive bike but the best of all worlds :) I might be biased because I've owned 2. The xDiavel is a different thing. It's a full on cruiser as compared to the current Diavel. It looks cool but I would never give up mine for the xDiavel. The xDiavel is heavier and slightly lower on power.. With a completely different power curve. No current Diavel owners would consider the xDiavel.. But I do see a market for it. Most likely vrod owners since they're the least loyal Harley owners. In short.. Diavel is an awesome bike!

I'm a Diavel owner. I had a 2011 carbon black, now I have a 2015 carbon white. After my bike 2 of my friends bought them two. So the trio that Beekman saw at the forks was us :) Diavel is an awesome bike.. A complete package. Looks, performance, comfort. I've posted a 10.85 quartermile at Cayuga. And we've ridden to Mont Tramblant over the long weekend. And it gets the looks. My 2015 has 16k kms on it already and I haven't had any maintenance issues. The major valve service is due at 30k kms. It's an expensive bike but the best of all worlds :) I might be biased because I've owned 2. The xDiavel is a different thing. It's a full on cruiser as compared to the current Diavel. It looks cool but I would never give up mine for the xDiavel. The xDiavel is heavier and slightly lower on power.. With a completely different power curve. No current Diavel owners would consider the xDiavel.. But I do see a market for it. Most likely vrod owners since they're the least loyal Harley owners. In short.. Diavel is an awesome bike!
Post some pics

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

One of my good friends has a 2011 carbon edition. He is a big guy (260+, 6'3"). The bike suits him well, more so than my sport-bike. When we go riding, I am amazed with how that bike pulls in a straight line. When we stop for gas or to get something to eat, I need 5 minutes to work out the kinks, he does not have to. I took one out for a test drive, hated it immediately. Until I found a couple of twisties. The bike handled better than I thought, especially for a cruiser. I grew to like it. It has a ton of power, very easy to control, easy to ride long distances. I want to try out this XDiavel, see what the forward footpegs are all about.

I'm not too keen on forward controls on motorcycles. There is a version of the Night Rod (V-Rod) that has mid-mount controls, which I really like.

What I like about the xDiavel over the Diavel is the trellis frame under the tank. Those old air scoops were a bit too much for my taste. Also that single-sided extended swingarm is no longer hidden by that huge pipe the Diavel had!

Really beautiful bike.

Who would be competant service shops for ducati's in ontario? Those that own them are you sevicing the bikes yourselves, how hard are specialty tools to abtain, does one have to order these tools from the dealers?

I found a diavel carbon, 2011, 11,000miles in florida for $6K, one owner and says its mint, if its still available in march, ill have a look.

The xDiavel is a beautiful machine, i like it.

I thought I knew bikes but looks wise this bike looks the same as the Diavel I've always known. Somehow now it's all of a sudden in the cruiser category? There must be significant changes but at first glance it looks the same to me.

I do not do my own maintenance. I trust my bike with these guys:

http://www.gatorcustomautoperformance.com/

The head mechanic, Ken Livingstone, is a true Duc guy. He will take very good care of the bike, decently priced. He really knows his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken is awesome! My friend got his valve service done from him. He did some other adjustments as well and everything worked out perfectly! Price was much less than the dealership as well.

As far as dealerships go, GP Bikes is the best! Marnello Motorsport is ok and Peninsula Imports sucks! Basic maintenance on the diavel is easy. For everything else, there is Ken at Gator customs, and the dealership.

Back
Top Bottom