And another new adventure bike -- Royal Enfield | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

And another new adventure bike -- Royal Enfield

Not interested in a 400 with less HP than my 125 that weighs more.

Not interested in a 400 with less HP than my 125 that weighs more.

You don't ride a spec sheet. If I was 80 yrs. old I'd be all over this thing.

Hope it's built better than the military knockoff they made. Friend of mine once purchased. By the second year it was literally falling apart. He put a set of crash bars on it and after a few months of vibration the welds literally broke. The bike was literally a pc of crap. Top speed was about 80k's with a tail wind.

Hope it's built better than the military knockoff they made. Friend of mine once purchased. By the second year it was literally falling apart. He put a set of crash bars on it and after a few months of vibration the welds literally broke. The bike was literally a pc of crap. Top speed was about 80k's with a tail wind.
Maybe that's all part of the adventure. Will I make it home this time?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Marketing must be quite different there.

Check out the super sketchy non adjustable suspension blending its special sauce at 21 seconds. Looks like the rear wheel is dancing sideways due to an impromtu trampoline session

[video=youtube;DTQlmRNmRRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTQlmRNmRRg[/video]

At least they're being transparent which is a good thing I guess.

At 2:30 ... does he say get your a** ... ? :lmao:

We spent two weeks in the Himalayan mountains (coincidence?) with Bullet 500s. They broke down every single day. I was on my hands and knees fixing different problems every single day. Meanwhile scores of 150cc Bajaj Pulsars and Honda Heroes were passing us both ways, loaded with 3 or 4 people on them. They were shaking their heads and laughing at our bikes because they were considered too big and heavy for the Northern Indian mountain roads.

It seems like everyone is jumping into the adventure class now. I'm not sure if Royal Enfield even has an importer here in Canada anymore... they used to. [...]

Royal Enfield is reorganizing their North American distribution and dealer network right now. The bikes will continue to be here (Canada), not sure about this model though. We'll have to wait and see.

Oakville Yamaha is a dealer as well

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yes we are. Thank you for the shout out.

With Royal Enfield, you are looking at the lowest price bike in it's category in Canada.
You get what you pay for.
I would have no problem buying one for scooting around town or back and forth to work.
But for a three week tour of the Cabot Trail, not a chance.
It's bare bones, basic transportation.

Last edited:
Strap a side car to it and paint it army green and it'll look straight out of world war 2. That's hard to accomplish in 2016. Nicely done.

With Royal Enfield, you are looking at the lowest price bike in it's category in Canada.
You get what you pay for.
I would have no problem buying one for scooting around town or back and forth to work.
But for a three week tour of the Cabot Trail, not a chance.
It's bare bones, basic transportation.
They are hardly the cheapest bikes available.

According to the Oakville Yamaha website the Royal Enfield Conti GT is $100 more expensive than a Yamaha FZ-07. I know which one I'd be buying.

They are hardly the cheapest bikes available.

According to the Oakville Yamaha website the Royal Enfield Conti GT is $100 more expensive than a Yamaha FZ-07. I know which one I'd be buying.

I first noticed them 3 years ago. AT THAT TIME they were the cheapest.
They also only had two bikes for sale. Both road models
I should have been more precise.

I know they're shoddy...but I absolutely love the continental GT...call me a hipster or whatever I don't care :rolleyes:

I also love the Conti GT, harris designed frame, thump of a big single. Handlebar buzz and possibly more than routine maintenance, its probably as close to a 60's British bike experience you can get off a showroom floor today. If I could afford to plate and ins more bikes I'd love one. It just looks good.

Conti Gt is a sweet looking bike but not so good for globe trotting. That's just an expression, I'm not saying the earth is round.

Back
Top Bottom