Mv Augusta GTA? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mv Augusta GTA?

I've been reading this thread, and a few MV related others, and it made me make up my mind and take the plunge for an MV. I recently sold my japanese bike to get a different one and with a little luck I'll get my hands on a sexy one.

Dude you have some seriously beautiful bikes. Damn.
explore, do a demo ride and enjoy....DON'T let anyone influence your decision, the F3 is a superb motorcycle. i know I've ridden them in 600 and 800 form.
and i own an F4. and if you do a demo, try out the brutale and the dragster, you won't regret it !

explore, do a demo ride and enjoy....DON'T let anyone influence your decision, the F3 is a superb motorcycle. i know I've ridden them in 600 and 800 form.
and i own an F4. and if you do a demo, try out the brutale and the dragster, you won't regret it !

Oh, absolutely! Thanks for the advice and I'll try to get an F3 demo ride; I'm one of those who stick with what I AM comfortable with and what works FOR ME, regardless of other's opinion and experiences. I actually wanted an MV before my japanese bike but couldn't afford it then. I can now and I've set my sight on one.

More on that soon... ;)

I know, unrelated, but what gave me the want for bikes was the Duc Hypermotard... but reading up on it...i probably won't ever get one as my daily commuter, all i hear are weird electrical problems that don't get fixed and too many lemons out there.

I guess the good ones are too busy being ridden to have any internet coverage lol
Cockblock, i gotta see it once you get whichever you choose to go with :D
Gonna make some nice Photo tag pics

Oh, absolutely! Thanks for the advice and I'll try to get an F3 demo ride; I'm one of those who stick with what I AM comfortable with and what works FOR ME, regardless of other's opinion and experiences. I actually wanted an MV before my japanese bike but couldn't afford it then. I can now and I've set my sight on one.

More on that soon... ;)

You can't go wrong with an MV, Ive ridden pretty much every super sport on the market, and owned a 1199s panigale as my last bike, the F4 mv is the bike that impressed me the most, and regret choosing panigale over that... Only other option in the books for an exotic would be rsv4 ape (Only bike I havent ridden yet but heard good things about)

Good luck with your search, I have no doubt the MV will win your heart...

I know, unrelated, but what gave me the want for bikes was the Duc Hypermotard... but reading up on it...i probably won't ever get one as my daily commuter, all i hear are weird electrical problems that don't get fixed and too many lemons out there.

I guess the good ones are too busy being ridden to have any internet coverage lol

I will start this year's tagging late, but I'll catch up for sure!

in my opinion, maybe the guy testing the bike for you doesn't know how to ride an MV.

The folks who do the testing over at Motorcyclist Magazine are all highly skilled riders who make their living testing motorcycles and writing about what they find. They aren't going to do a head to head comparison of the fastest, highest spec sport bikes and then let a junior rider or inexperienced rider do the testing. If they're having the same issue two years in a row with a bike you can take that to heart that it's not a fluke or rider error. Now this isn't saying that the MV is all problems, but as far as launching off the line, clearly there is an issue. Being a 2013 test they have had time to sort it out and hopefully they have.

The folks who do the testing over at Motorcyclist Magazine are all highly skilled riders who make their living testing motorcycles and writing about what they find. They aren't going to do a head to head comparison of the fastest, highest spec sport bikes and then let a junior rider or inexperienced rider do the testing. If they're having the same issue two years in a row with a bike you can take that to heart that it's not a fluke or rider error. Now this isn't saying that the MV is all problems, but as far as launching off the line, clearly there is an issue. Being a 2013 test they have had time to sort it out and hopefully they have.
It also made for a entertaining video. Never once have I ever had an issue launching the bike and I am an average rider. He was clearly dumping the clutch.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ok...these guys are journalists who offer an opinion..video was most likely made with the rider with some experience in mind, that's fine.
i don't think it's an issue with the MVs as i also never had an issue launching my F4, perhaps because i've realized the F4s are definitely not a beginner bike,
they like to go. and if you don't take the time to readjust your input style, it will be a handful.
don't get me wrong, i respect these journalists, i read some of these mags, but i would rather make my own mind up as to what is and what isn't, than
take what they say as the last word.
i owe it to myself to check what they say for myself, if another disagrees that's they're loss.
wouldn't you rather experience it yourself ?

Wingboy had his hyper for sale for a long time before it moved on to a new home. Selling them seems even harder than a number duc. I don't remember him complaining about problems with it.

Lots of hypermotards out there with no issues as well

Sent from a device using a program
We have to keep in mind that even though the bike was less than a year old, he had well over 30,000kms on it. I am sure all those wheelies didn't help the electronics either ....

We have to keep in mind that even though the bike was less than a year old, he had well over 30,000kms on it. I am sure all those wheelies didn't help the electronics either ....

Why did he sell?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why did he sell?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
He didn't sell it. Ducati took it back. As per his agreement with Ducati, he is not allowed to reveal any information on the arrangement. He is now using a borrowed triumph streetfighter to keep the channel going.

He had the non SP version first and it broke down constantly. I think he said the dealer spent $13,000 on warranty repairs on it. He picked it up and it lasted 5 minutes. Then onto the SP and it broke the same. Either Ducati got a bad run of computer chips or there's a grounding problem on this bike.

I have read several reports of issues with the ducati hypermotard (non and SP versions), it seems like Ducati is struggling to find a fix for this particular issue.

Back on topic, I own a MV Agusta F3 675. My bike and I became the de facto “guinea pigs” being the first F3 delivered back in July 2012. I had a very rough time with my bike but I did not give up on it or my dealer, Motorsports World in Ottawa. I was forced to buy from them after Ride Cycles (who had my deposit for 7 months) got screwed around on their first shipment (no red/silver). Royal Dysfunctioning refused to give me a VIN (needed for insurance) or a delivery date or an explanation why.

I suggest anyone interested in a 3 cylinder MV read all the related threads on mvagusta.net
Yes, there is a lot of reading and some very biased opinions both pro and con.

Bottom line, 2016’s should be far better bikes than the earlier models. Thanks to all my problems authorized Canadian MV dealers now have access to Bruce Myers, MV Agusta USA’s top technician. So, no more dealers contacting Tim, Tim relaying info to Italy, then Italy replying and Tim relaying it to the dealer many days later. Also, parts not in dealer inventory should be no more than 3 – 5 days away.

Back
Top Bottom