Mv Augusta GTA? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mv Augusta GTA?

I think he is making stuff up as he goes. I know several people that own MV and very few problems to report. It's always the people that don't own the brand with the strongest opinions.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
i agree with ontariomystic...MV Agusta is still a "new" brand in Canada. the peoples who do know about MV are the ones that are educated about they're history and heritage.
it's safe to say that MV is in the same position that Ducati was in when they came to Canada, not many dealerships and qualified technicians to service them.
but that will change for the better.
yes MV's are motorcycles that are designed to be ridden and enjoyed, and i've had no problems with my F4, worked flawlessly....until my experience with a hamilton dealer, which was reported to MV Canada.
nevertheless, i'm looking forward to another great season on my F4. and i love the way the dragster 800 RR looks with the spoke wheels and rich colours.
as for mercedes AMG 25% in MV Agusta, i certainly hope it will help improve the service end of things, here in Canada, for parts. waiting a month or more is a bit of a pain.

i agree with ontariomystic...MV Agusta is still a "new" brand in Canada. the peoples who do know about MV are the ones that are educated about they're history and heritage.
it's safe to say that MV is in the same position that Ducati was in when they came to Canada, not many dealerships and qualified technicians to service them.
but that will change for the better.
yes MV's are motorcycles that are designed to be ridden and enjoyed, and i've had no problems with my F4, worked flawlessly....until my experience with a hamilton dealer, which was reported to MV Canada.
nevertheless, i'm looking forward to another great season on my F4. and i love the way the dragster 800 RR looks with the spoke wheels and rich colours.
as for mercedes AMG 25% in MV Agusta, i certainly hope it will help improve the service end of things, here in Canada, for parts. waiting a month or more is a bit of a pain.

I get all my parts from here:

http://www.startwintrading.com/
Hi Motof4st.
Last summer I was hit from behind causing the bike to go sliding across the intersection. I got all the parts required in under 10 days. Mechanically, it has been an amazing bike, at 17,752km, just checked :), zero issues. Even after the accident, I was able to ride it home.

Mechanically, it has been an amazing bike, at 17,752km, just checked :), zero issues.

I would hope not! At 17,000km mechanical issues wouldn't even cross your mind on a Japanese bike! This sounds like something a Harley rider would say. Every review I've ever read of an MV motorcycle had NOTHING but awesome things to say about the bikes. Performance, style etc all top notch. When it comes to ownership, I hear a lot different. If a brand were that good AND as reliable as people want their bikes to be, Canada would have beaten a path to their door and demanded more dealerships and bikes. It wouldn't be a rare thing to see one. You will always have riders who want an exotic bike and are willing to deal with the pains of having one ie: possibly temperamental, lack of dealerships/support, longer wait times for parts/service. The average motorcycle rider, especially in a country like ours that has such a short riding season want bulletproof bikes and want to have options for servicing them in the event that they do need some work and they want the work and parts quickly. A lot of the independent service shops won't even bother servicing bike makes with small number of sales/service in Canada because often they require brand specific tools and the shops aren't willing to invest in them "just in case" an exotic bike comes through the door.

Exotic bikes like MV, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Norton etc are all very sexy bikes and are amazing to ride. If you really want one, don't let anyone stop you. Just go into it with open eyes and accept any of the above mentioned problems as part of ownership. Personally, if I had the money for two new bikes, I would have a Japanese bike as my work horse and I'd seriously give a look at a Brutale for my second bike. If you end up taking the plunge, just be sure to make friends with the mechanic/parts guy at your dealership of choice. Buy him a coffee, be nice and patient etc because you can't easily take it to another shop if you sour the relationship.

I would hope not! At 17,000km mechanical issues wouldn't even cross your mind on a Japanese bike! This sounds like something a Harley rider would say. Every review I've ever read of an MV motorcycle had NOTHING but awesome things to say about the bikes. Performance, style etc all top notch. When it comes to ownership, I hear a lot different. If a brand were that good AND as reliable as people want their bikes to be, Canada would have beaten a path to their door and demanded more dealerships and bikes. It wouldn't be a rare thing to see one. You will always have riders who want an exotic bike and are willing to deal with the pains of having one ie: possibly temperamental, lack of dealerships/support, longer wait times for parts/service. The average motorcycle rider, especially in a country like ours that has such a short riding season want bulletproof bikes and want to have options for servicing them in the event that they do need some work and they want the work and parts quickly. A lot of the independent service shops won't even bother servicing bike makes with small number of sales/service in Canada because often they require brand specific tools and the shops aren't willing to invest in them "just in case" an exotic bike comes through the door.

Exotic bikes like MV, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Norton etc are all very sexy bikes and are amazing to ride. If you really want one, don't let anyone stop you. Just go into it with open eyes and accept any of the above mentioned problems as part of ownership. Personally, if I had the money for two new bikes, I would have a Japanese bike as my work horse and I'd seriously give a look at a Brutale for my second bike. If you end up taking the plunge, just be sure to make friends with the mechanic/parts guy at your dealership of choice. Buy him a coffee, be nice and patient etc because you can't easily take it to another shop if you sour the relationship.

Completely agree. When it comes to bikes, I do prefer the Italian design. I have owned my share of Japanese bikes and I don't find them any more reliable than the Italian bikes. My K6 Suzuki had a clutch let go just at under 1000kms, turned out to be an issue with the clutch bearing, the fix was to install the Gixxer 750 bearing . Stator let go on my 929 at the 10,000km mark and I do have a few more examples.
None of the bikes I currently own have given me any problems. The 999 just hit the 30,000kms mark and other than belts and valve checks ($400) no other issues to report. The MV F4 has been a great bike. Only bike that required a visit to the shop was my wife's MV Brutale 800 for a new Sprag-Clutch (starter-motor).

I do have some experience when it comes to Italian bikes...
24055669043_b224658e1e_o.jpg

Last edited:
hi ontariomystic and veteq.
thanks for the site info. i looked them up, and looks to me like a decent place to get my parts from, although they're in holland.lol.
I've had several bikes also, but i now only have a 1997 ZX11 ninja and my 2011 MV F4. i sold a couple. I'm slowly working on the ninja to bring it back to its former glory.
it was the show bike at the 1998 moto show for the now defunct kahuna. so I'm riding my F4 as my main everyday mode of transportation. I have
32,000 kilometers on it now. i like to travel on it, better on my back than the heavier ninja. and i have nice twisty roads along my way to and from work, so i have fun.
the only other bike id like now is the Pannigale S. i rode two of them and loved it. especially the quick shift and the ability to change mapping on the fly.
veteq very nice collection. where did you get the MV flag ?

hi ontariomystic and veteq.
thanks for the site info. i looked them up, and looks to me like a decent place to get my parts from, although they're in holland.lol.
I've had several bikes also, but i now only have a 1997 ZX11 ninja and my 2011 MV F4. i sold a couple. I'm slowly working on the ninja to bring it back to its former glory.
it was the show bike at the 1998 moto show for the now defunct kahuna. so I'm riding my F4 as my main everyday mode of transportation. I have
32,000 kilometers on it now. i like to travel on it, better on my back than the heavier ninja. and i have nice twisty roads along my way to and from work, so i have fun.
the only other bike id like now is the Pannigale S. i rode two of them and loved it. especially the quick shift and the ability to change mapping on the fly.
veteq very nice collection. where did you get the MV flag ?

A friend of mine gave it to me....sorry.

I've been reading this thread, and a few MV related others, and it made me make up my mind and take the plunge for an MV. I recently sold my japanese bike to get a different one and with a little luck I'll get my hands on a sexy one.

Dude you have some seriously beautiful bikes. Damn.

Last edited:
Wait, wait, wait... till Mercedes is firmly in this company. Can you imagine a company allowing this to happen two years in a row?

5:15

VIDEO

I hear what you say, but:

1) I won't be doing any drag racing with my (hopefully MV F3) future bike any time, I won't care about 1/4 mile in 6th gear test results.

2) F4 and F3 have very different engines and clutches, obviously. One would only hope their R&D team took the time to deal with this. If there was anything to be fixed in the first place.

3)DON'T KILL MY DREAM! :p

Last edited:
I have 2 mv posters up for sale if you guys are interested

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wait, wait, wait... till Mercedes is firmly in this company. Can you imagine a company allowing this to happen two years in a row?

5:15

https://youtu.be/Uxf-4exr8CA
hey mladin, have you actually RIDDEN or OWNED an MV Agusta to actually say in YOUR OWN WORDS what you experienced ???
instead of showing what others are saying why don't you tell us from experience.
in my opinion, maybe the guy testing the bike for you doesn't know how to ride an MV.

Back
Top Bottom