Mv Augusta GTA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mv Augusta GTA?

HA3AP

Site Supporter
Any dealers left within the GTA or reasonably close that still carry MV? Ride is out of business, Royal doesnt seem to carry bikes anymore, or am I missing something? Any leads in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Thanks for the prompt responce, any experiance with the following dealers in tearms of mv as neither show any online presence, hemce the op.

Thanks

I had a brief inquiry with Sturgess on a F3 675. The salesman was very prompt and professional in his replies FWIW.

Thanks for all the replies, Ill give sturgess a shot, and yes I was searching for GTA (Greater Toronto Area).

Thanks for all the replies, Ill give sturgess a shot, and yes I was searching for GTA (Greater Toronto Area).
Be careful with MV Agusta. Read the Ducati hypermotard 821 thread. This is what you will get from MV Agusta...or worse. They break often and there's no one around that knows how to fix them. They are the typical Italian, Ducati problems. Swollen gas tanks were a huge issue. The bike overheating and melting the fairings on the F3 and F4. Dashes were all not sealed properly and fried the cluster. Fuel leaking on top of the engine.

https://youtu.be/hD9VrFr9cE0

This guy all but lost his mind over MV Agusta.

Be careful with MV Agusta. Read the Ducati hypermotard 821 thread. This is what you will get from MV Agusta...or worse. They break often and there's no one around that knows how to fix them. They are the typical Italian, Ducati problems. Swollen gas tanks were a huge issue. The bike overheating and melting the fairings on the F3 and F4. Dashes were all not sealed properly and fried the cluster. Fuel leaking on top of the engine.

https://youtu.be/hD9VrFr9cE0

This guy all but lost his mind over MV Agusta.

So, your example of MV Agusta reliability is based on a 2000 machine (video posted 4 years ago)? The issues people are reporting with 821 have nothing to do with MV.
I have 18,000 on my F4 without a single issue and my wife has just under 10,000kms and needed the Sprag-clutch replaced (startmotor). This was a known problem with the 3 cyl. bikes that seems to have been fixed with this latest redesign. Sturgess have always been great. Dukes of cycle, stays away.

So, your example of MV Agusta reliability is based on a 2000 machine (video posted 4 years ago)? The issues people are reporting with 821 have nothing to do with MV.
I have 18,000 on my F4 without a single issue and my wife has just under 10,000kms and needed the Sprag-clutch replaced (startmotor). This was a known problem with the 3 cyl. bikes that seems to have been fixed with this latest redesign. Sturgess have always been great. Dukes of cycle, stays away.
It's a 2011. Spend 30 mins on an MV Agusta forum and we'll see your bikes on Kijiji.

2cclzxw.png

Last edited:
mv dealers in gta...i own a 2011 F4, and had it "serviced" at sturgess in hamilton. beware of this bunch, they butchered my ride.
had it for three months and they caused me some grief, and still asked me to fix issues they caused..
dukes is a service center, carmen doesn't sell the mv"s...if you really want to own one, yes there is sturgess in hamilton, but
and i know it's not what you want hear, but, motorsports world in Ottawa is the only other dealer in southern ontario.
otherwise you can call motovan as they're the canadian distributor.

Last edited:
does mladin know what he is saying?

Last edited:
I can't comment on mv agusta

But sturgess is an awesome dealer... Great customer service

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

MV Agusta struggles to gain any traction in Canada. They need a well suited service center that knows the brand to boost sales. All the negativity on the internet doesn't help either. There is fun to be had on these bikes...shame people spend so much time researching potential problems.

MV Agusta struggles to gain any traction in Canada. They need a well suited service center that knows the brand to boost sales. All the negativity on the internet doesn't help either. There is fun to be had on these bikes...shame people spend so much time researching potential problems.

+1 i agree with you... if i had the extra $ def i would buy the 675 oro Edition...man what a machine!!:thumbup:

The pain is real. Ask Royal Distributing in Innisfil about MV Agusta. They had four F4's. They will tell you "never again!" These threads are all too common. MV Agusta is the devil's brand...sucks you in with its looks and shatters your heart.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?191017-Beware-of-Dukes-of-cycle-and-Mv-Agusta

The Italians need to start being held accountable for their F ups.

The good news for MV Agusta is that Mercedes has bought part of the company. This year's F4 debuted with "AMG" on the fairings. Italian sculpture mixed with German engineering is going to turn that company around.

https://youtu.be/g290jruvElY

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom