Renting Storage Downtown TO | GTAMotorcycle.com

Renting Storage Downtown TO

motorTO

Hey, has anyone rented storage downtown to store their motorcycle as a regular parking or long term storage? Just wondering if it's feasible and how much it would cost? Reading all the stories of stolen bikes downtown, I thought this could be an alternative solution.

I've called a few storage units with drive-up access/ground floor units. I personally cant justify the cost-even with a small fleet of bikes and only having a few of them on the road for financial reasons. I with held the purpose of my inquiry to every storage unit I spoke with as I presumed they wouldn't want to play ball if they knew what I was thinking/had in mind.

I found an individual on Kijiji renting out spaces for motorcycles and scooters in a condo around City Place that seemed to have good availability in terms of spots, but again I couldn't justify the cost. By the time I paid per bike, per spot, first and last and door opener/remote deposit and rental fee it quickly got out of control. I do have a friend who lives in the building and know of others who live in the complex so I was too concerned about access but ultimately I wanted to be secure and keep costs low.

I ended up keeping most of my bikes at my place all chained up and covered. Paying for full coverage on your bike(s) ought to create some piece of mind and help open up the search. I've heard of people using units for bikes, but not in the down town core- and I'm certainly yet to see it.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks. Yea I agree costs could go through the roof. Contacted a few storage units but no one responded! Guess I gotta look for a house with a garage.

I looked into this based on a suggestion in a previous thread.
From say mid November to mid April in the downtown area with hydro, insurance etc. $50,000.
The best space may have held 50 bikes, so $1000 for winter storage with a small work area (one at a time).

I looked into this based on a suggestion in a previous thread.
From say mid November to mid April in the downtown area with hydro, insurance etc. $50,000.
The best space may have held 50 bikes, so $1000 for winter storage with a small work area (one at a time).

Maybe some go getter could buy cheap industrial warehouse as investment, use storage space rental to parial cover costs?

Everyone wants it downtown.
The problem is there is no such thing as cheap and downtown. Anything for sale downtown is going to be purchased for a new condo.
As you move out you have lower cost in Scarborough or Etobicoke. Lower still in Vaughan or Pickering or Brampton.
But no one wants to be out there, they want their bike stored downtown.

Everyone wants it downtown.
The problem is there is no such thing as cheap and downtown. Anything for sale downtown is going to be purchased for a new condo.
As you move out you have lower cost in Scarborough or Etobicoke. Lower still in Vaughan or Pickering or Brampton.
But no one wants to be out there, they want their bike stored downtown.

Well, if the numbers don't line up it's all over but the crying/end thread.

I know someone who stores his bike out by the airport in a storage locker (drive in) ... the unit has power (electricity) and a workbench and he puts I believe 4 bikes in there at $350 / month. much cheaper then downtown.

Back
Top Bottom