Sausage Fest in Brampton | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sausage Fest in Brampton

Can't you send her on a shopping trip with the girls or something?
Lol. She doesn't like to shop.
I tried setting up a little outdoor bbq/ poker game last year for a few members. It never gained any traction.
These ones will all be dried. Slice em up. Dice some cheese. Get some olives. Some fresh crusty bread.....

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Lol. She doesn't like to shop.
I tried setting up a little outdoor bbq/ poker game last year for a few members. It never gained any traction.
These ones will all be dried. Slice em up. Dice some cheese. Get some olives. Some fresh crusty bread.....

I remember the poker game plan. I didn't respond or attend as I like to drink (and make an *** of myself) if I am in a group -- but how the hell to get to/from Vaughan from Mississauga if not driving? Taxis are way too expensive for that kind of trip. I suppose I could have brought my tent, but then my wife would have questioned if I am going to Joe's house... or Josephine's.

There is no fennel in the baresse recipe, they are fresh so went right into the freezer. I'd gladly swap a package of them for a small package of whatever you made.

I'm a huge fan of all this product, there is a small pleasure in knowing exactly what went into your dinner.

There is no fennel in the baresse recipe, they are fresh so went right into the freezer. I'd gladly swap a package of them for a small package of whatever you made.

I'm a huge fan of all this product, there is a small pleasure in knowing exactly what went into your dinner.
Sounds good. I'll pm you when I have an idea of when I will have some free time. I will get a package of the ones that were recently cured and vac-packed.

Joe I'll trade you a pound of my stuff for a pound of your stuff. I have a serious sausage issue. #nohomo

I'll drive them out to 'da bridge to swap.
I didn't even see this post last night! Tbh, I'm not even sure it showed up in my feed. As per last reply, will pm so we can find something that works for us both.
Also nice use of the hashtag! ?

Clicked with apprehension, exited satisfied.

948fcd87597c66457f9d98d7559bd4b9.jpg

wow....what's that big slab of meat and what's the marinade? Chili powder?

wow....what's that big slab of meat and what's the marinade? Chili powder?
That's pancetta (Italian bacon). That is seasoned with hot paprika. We didn't put chili peppers on it this year. Fry some up. Add it to pasta with some butter and parmasean.

That's pancetta (Italian bacon). That is seasoned with hot paprika. We didn't put chili peppers on it this year. Fry some up. Add it to pasta with some butter and parmasean.

that sounds so good....I love anything Italian but especially the food.

2 weeks and it's sausage making time again!
Will post pics again as we go.
@crankcall we gotta set up that swap.
Anyone else making sausage?

Sent from the Purple Zone

No, no making just sporting. Thanks.

2 weeks and it's sausage making time again!
Will post pics again as we go.
@crankcall we gotta set up that swap.
Anyone else making sausage?

A bit bit ahead of you....

F7A600C1-4E8F-46FC-B897-547A704ED58F.jpg

8D0C66EC-FF5F-4A17-A644-59555C5B1B1B.jpg

B72803A8-474C-4047-A1EE-6A6D2E906F7F.jpg

6E19FA3D-E63E-4784-A2F5-2C7097682E3B.jpg

and in a week or 2 another round, but done a bit differently, they will not be cured, just made fresh, vacuum packed and frozen, perfect for the BBQ....

Last edited:
@GateKeeper wanna swap a package of fresh? I believe that we will be doing both.
Nice set up, btw.

Back on the grinder saturday am. Making a more conventional pork sausage this yr, nothing fancy.

@Gatekeeper, that is a serious endeavor

@GateKeeper wanna swap a package of fresh? I believe that we will be doing both.
Nice set up, btw.

sure no problem, have some from last year, but they were over smoked, this year found a place where I can do my own smoking, and I have plans are to build my own, that way if they are no good I can only blame myself...

Back on the grinder saturday am. Making a more conventional pork sausage this yr, nothing fancy.

@Gatekeeper, that is a serious endeavor

trying again to make Kulen

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kulen

Last year it failed on us....

this is is all a group effort usually 4-6 of us get in on this, what is hanging was an all day event, started at 7 in the morning and finished at 6 that evening, but all worth it if it turns out good....

sure no problem, have some from last year, but they were over smoked, this year found a place where I can do my own smoking, and I have plans are to build my own, that way if they are no good I can only blame myself...
Shipping container from princess auto and some modifications, works great. Been using it 2 years now and it's worked well.

Tbh, I'm just a helper. This is my dad's doing. I'm trying to learn about keeping the temps and humidity right.
We did 6 legs ,4 shoulders. 6 proscuttino and 4 cappicolo. Running outta room. My dad has been eyeing my cantina...
95bdbe0cdf12c72821488f3d0995bdaa.jpg

I am not Italian but that is a proper cellar right there. Well done!

Back
Top Bottom