Canadian Rider Comes Home to Shock! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Canadian Rider Comes Home to Shock!

No. Born in Willowdale and lived around the GTA all my life except for some Time I spent in Northern Ireland and Atlanta.

I'm a financial refugee at the moment any have been living in SF since last year.

I wish Geico would come to Canada

The Government Employees Insurance COmpany is currently a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway/Warren Buffet. Old Warren isn't in the habit of leaving money on the table, so I wouldn't expect to see anything more than a token discount (which would still be nice). Additionally, the Liberals wouldn't allow their campaign donors to suffer competition, so some BS legislation would likely prevent any real savings.

Look at the hissy fit thrown by Bell, Telus and Rogers when Verizon considered bidding for part of the wireless spectrum in 2013. To be a fly on the wall at the CRTC when that went down. Worried politicians seeking re-election make for bad policy at any level of government.

The Government Employees Insurance COmpany is currently a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway/Warren Buffet. Old Warren isn't in the habit of leaving money on the table, so I wouldn't expect to see anything more than a token discount (which would still be nice). Additionally, the Liberals wouldn't allow their campaign donors to suffer competition, so some BS legislation would likely prevent any real savings.

Look at the hissy fit thrown by Bell, Telus and Rogers when Verizon considered bidding for part of the wireless spectrum in 2013. To be a fly on the wall at the CRTC when that went down. Worried politicians seeking re-election make for bad policy at any level of government.

Good point. Not exactly a level playing field.

Anyone have experience with "RIDER PLUS" Insurance?

I had my bike with them for a while. Professional and willing to cover bike and rider combinations that others weren't, but in the end I ended up discovering that I was able to get a significantly lower rate elsewhere so I switched recently. PM me if you want to know who I switched to, wouldn't want to post it here and have someone call me out as pimping their product....as happened when I dared mention Riders Plus a few too many times in a previous thread a few months back. :rolleyes:

so are there any 'sporty' bikes with decent displacement and performance that are still reasonable to insure ??? the only ones i knew of were the vfr800 and sv650 but that seems to have ended....what about older machines ?

so are there any 'sporty' bikes with decent displacement and performance that are still reasonable to insure ??? the only ones i knew of were the vfr800 and sv650 but that seems to have ended....what about older machines ?

Got an online quote for an MV Agusta Dragster 800... From Rider's Plus --- $900 for the year. Amazing deal for me, considering my quote for my RC8r is $1800....

I actually posted a thread asking this question awhile ago. Here's the link http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...-in-the-(reasonable-insurance-rates)-category

Some highlights - this list came from a Dalton Timmins agent. Companies differ and most of these are high end bikes.

Aprilia Tuono 1000R

Ducati Panigale 899
Ducati Streetfighter 848
BMW HP4
BMW K1200S, K1300S
KTM SuperDuke 1290
MV Agusta Brutale 800/1090
Yamaha FZ1
Honda VFR800
Kawasaki Z1000

Could probably pick up an older FZ1 for cheap if you want max performance for money. Better then the VFR imo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom