Saving a parking space ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Saving a parking space ?

chiller

Site Supporter
"I'm going to inconvenience everyone else because I don't like being inconvenienced when I come home from a tough day at work, because remember, I'm the most important person on the face of the planet!".

Thats a real ****** move.

It reminds me of people at resorts and cruise ships who come down at seven in the morning to put towels on their preferred lounge chairs but then don't actually show up to occupy them until after lunch... Meanwhile others have been milling around for hours trying to find any chair, much less the Primo ones that the self-absorbed arsebags "reserved" 5 or 6 hours earlier.

If you did the work to dig out a spot to park, it should be yours. But once you leave it should be open. I used to live downtown and parking after a snow storm was always tough.

Re city streets, what does your deed say? People want to live downtown for the action but they want multiple vehicles. Boohoo, learn to walk.

A lot of older neigbourhoods consisted of single family homes with one car. In the Roncesvalles area many of these places have been converted to apartments with more than one car per apartment. MY SIL lived in one. It took 20 minutes to drive there, 30 minutes to find a parking spot and 10 minutes to walk to her place from the parking spot.

A developer built a condo in Dundas and got a concession on visitor parking spaces because it was argued that the houses that were torn down used the street as visitor parking so that should be continued. After the place was built the residents wanted the street parking to be their exclusive visitor parking at the expense of the businesses across the street.

Does snow change anything? Not in my opinion. If you want to go for a drive you forfeit your spot. Digging your car out is payment for the drive not for guaranteed parking afterwards.

"I'm going to inconvenience everyone else because I don't like being inconvenienced when I come home from a tough day at work, because remember, I'm the most important person on the face of the planet!".

Thats a real ****** move.

It reminds me of people at resorts and cruise ships who come down at seven in the morning to put towels on their preferred lounge chairs but then don't actually show up to occupy them until after lunch... Meanwhile others have been milling around for hours trying to find any chair, much less the Primo ones that the self-absorbed arsebags "reserved" 5 or 6 hours earlier.

I was at a resort where I saw an English guy come round in the morning after the Germans had "reserved" their seats before breakfast and threw all their towels in the pool. I would wake up just to watch that...it was awesome.

I also moved a chair right under one guys umbrella once after he reserved it and left it for hours...when he came back he asked if I would move and I pointed out that I had reserved the shadow from the sunshade.

I was at a resort where I saw an English guy come round in the morning after the Germans had "reserved" their seats before breakfast and threw all their towels in the pool. I would wake up just to watch that...it was awesome.

muahahhaha

Don't they have a council that clears the snow?

In Toronto major streets are plowed usually within hours. Lesser streets may have to wait a day or so.

However they are plowed for traffic and the snow pushed to one side. Snow removal is different. It has to be trucked away and that takes days on major roads and until spring on side streets.

Problem 2 is that if the snow is piled at the curb and the driver parks too far away because of it, the lanes are narrowed. IIRC you can't park more than 12" from the curb, snow or no snow.

This is my favourite line from the article

"Before the storm even hit, Philadelphia police used a spoof of Drake’s “Hotline Bling” to urge residents to report any illegal cones or trash cans blocking parking spaces. They dubbed it #NoSavesies."

All those slum renters finally experiencing ownership nevermind if the deed is a pylon. Glory be.

You see it all the time at the major malls at christmas. Hubby lets wife out, he cruises for a spot, and she walks around. If a spot open up she'll stand in it and text him.

Last edited:
You see it all the time at the major malls at christmas. Hubby lets wife out, he cruises for a spot, and she walks around. If a spot open up she'll stand in it and text him.

Not here. You pull into the mall and there's hundreds of empty spaces. :D

I've seen fights in the lot at Yorkdale in December.

boxing day?

Weekend before christmas it's a zoo. there use to be a small parking area tucked in behind some stores in the NE corner off Yorkdale Rd. I'd always park there to go in to Chapters, which was just inside the doors off the lot. It was always packed. One Saturday I was getting into my truck and a girl pulled up in the aisle and stopped to wait for my space. As I was backing out, a guy in a blinged out white Pathfinder raced up and tried to snake the spot. I backed out just enough to block him, but let the girl that was waiting slide into the spot. He was not amused. I was going to roll down my window and ask for his autograph, but thought better of it.

Last edited:
Ah. I was at the check out at Fortinos. I picked the shortest line. Just one young girl. Something seemed weird, she didn't have any product. Anyway, we're waiting a while all of a sudden her mother rolls up with a full shopping cart right past me. By the time I got my chance to load the belt I used the plastic divider thingy to rough up their last bit of groceries. Funny how they both gulped for air in unison.

If it gets to the digging out point here, I'll just throw the snowblower into the back of the van.

I can walk to the mall unless I need something really big.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom