Another new adventure bike!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another new adventure bike!!

crankcall

Site Supporter
Benelli , the venerable Italian name that has been around since 1911 are releasing a 500cc mid size adventure bike, 130mm of suspension travel so no problem there, 6 spd and dual discs up front. Retail is going to be around 10kCDN so not awful. The adventure category is filling out nicely.

Benelli , the venerable Italian name that has been around since 1911 are releasing a 500cc mid size adventure bike, 130mm of suspension travel so no problem there, 6 spd and dual discs up front. Retail is going to be around 10kCDN so not awful. The adventure category is filling out nicely.

Sounds interesting

Benelli , the venerable Italian name that has been around since 1911 are releasing a 500cc mid size adventure bike

It softens my one good heart muscle to learn that an investment firm didn't just buy the Benelli name to cash in on.

It is always good to have more choice, but once again I am not very impressed.
130mm of travel is a mere 5"... Vstrom has more. CB500X has about the same.

I don't really like the looks... too much angry birds and angular... although the looks could probably grow on me.

Benelli-TRK502-1.jpg

I don't really like the looks... too much angry birds and angular...

Benelli-TRK502-1.jpg

I hate always bringing negative energy but I have to agree. It seems to me that design work is as competitive a field as any so that every designer feels the need be spectacularly original yet follow trends. So you get this^. That's what it seems like anyway.

I really like it. I can see a lot of the R1200 GSA in it. I have mine as my background and keep flipping between the 2 pictures.

The 17" front threw me for a bit but you can get it with a 19". A 21" would be much better but no luck

At 48 HP it would be OK for a day tripper. I would be great if they did a 100 HP big brother for longer trips.

I doubt we'll see it here though, although you never know.

It is always good to have more choice, but once again I am not very impressed.
130mm of travel is a mere 5"...

...you sound like my wife ?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Who was the Benelli dealer? Was it Kahuna? Is there still a dealer around?

This looks really sharp, particularly when you compare it with the Vstrom or CB500X

I'm actually very happy to see more manufacturers jumping into the adventure segment, especially this 500cc range. We are slowly getting closer to the " best adventure bike ever"! I'd like to see a crf450l, or a 690 adventure, hell give me a klr with a versys 650 twin! Anything new! With the trails I like to ride, the hummer style bikes are just to damn big. And expensive lol.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Who was the Benelli dealer? Was it Kahuna? Is there still a dealer around?

This looks really sharp, particularly when you compare it with the Vstrom or CB500X

It was Kahuna but I don't think anyone else picked up the brand when they disappeared. Not that I've heard of anyway

A friend had a 3 cylinder TNT. He said it was very temperamental and very difficult to get parts for even when Kahuna were in business. He had to order an alternator direct from Italy.

He ended up trading it for a Z1000.

It was a beautiful thing to look at though.

Given the price vs displacement/power and the complete lack of dealer network, I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. Very nice looking bike and I'm sure it will out perform the strom or cb in the dirt, but imagine the first time you need a part or break down on a tour. You'll be shipping the bike home. If I were looking for a mid-sized, budget friendly adventure bike then I'd much rather buy a KLR and farkle it out to MY specs. I'd save enough on initial purchase price to do most of the mods/farkles I'd want and every backyard shop on the continent can get parts for the KLR and has probably wrenched on them dozens of times.

Back
Top Bottom