Roaming Rally 2016 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roaming Rally 2016

alon

Sounds like Romaniacs. Too hardcore for me. Kudos to those of you who can do these multi day races.

Not quite Romaniacs - it's just another multi-day trail ride :)

Not with your CB500x :)

If a stock jeep or big bikes could do it, I doubt he would have any trouble with his 500x on ride #1...but I'm sure you're just pumping him up so he go and pull the trigger on that wr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said that because he has expressed to me his interest in doing the aggressive routes (non-jeep and non-big bike).

In that case the wr will be required! Nam you buying this thing brand new or what? This rally looks fun. Maybe in a year or two for me. Good luck to all that will attend!

In that case the wr will be required! Nam you buying this thing brand new or what? This rally looks fun. Maybe in a year or two for me. Good luck to all that will attend!

I am buying something soon. In the process, used KTM 530 vs new WR250R battle going on in the brain.

I would take the CB500X if we were doing the big bike route.

Yes, I suspect you'd be ok on the big bike route with the CB500 (aka: FrankenHonda)

I am buying something soon. In the process, used KTM 530 vs new WR250R battle going on in the brain.

Come on Scooterboy, come do the big bike route at least. It's a total party every evening.

The 530 can be a handful in the dirt, especially if you're new to off road. The wr is much more forgiving, and cheaper to own and maintain. Something to consider if you own multiple bikes.
Having said that, the 530 is one of my favourite bikes I've ridden, next to a well set up 300xcw.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

I'm dying to find a blue plated Ktm 250/300...

The distance to get there is a bit of a problem. Wish it was closer. I really have to pick what multi-day ride I'm going to jump in. Have 3 kids & the wife will hide my bike keys if I'm gone all the time. don't want to be on her bad side with the season not even started yet. Maybe I can work this out as we get closer a bit. I just can't commit to much right now. At least that way I won't be dropping out everything I said I was going to do. Lol

The distance to get there is a bit of a problem. Wish it was closer. I really have to pick what multi-day ride I'm going to jump in. Have 3 kids & the wife will hide my bike keys if I'm gone all the time. don't want to be on her bad side with the season not even started yet. Maybe I can work this out as we get closer a bit. I just can't commit to much right now. At least that way I won't be dropping out everything I said I was going to do. Lol

Start off nice and easy, come with us in the spring for a day ride.

I might be there... It's also road racing weekend at Grand bend. If it's cold and rainy... I'll do the roaming Rally... ☺

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Start off nice and easy, come with us in the spring for a day ride.

That is the plan for sure. Can't wait for my bike to get here. Saw lots on the road yesterday. Was jealous! Guess i could start the Gladius & go for a ride next time its warm like that.

The 530 can be a handful in the dirt, especially if you're new to off road. The wr is much more forgiving, and cheaper to own and maintain. Something to consider if you own multiple bikes.
Having said that, the 530 is one of my favourite bikes I've ridden, next to a well set up 300xcw.

I really really wanted the 500 EXC, but the monies is crazy.

This isn't my only bike so the 530 shouldn't be too crazy with maintenance. I want a bike that I won't want to upgrade any time soon. A couple guys that I will ride with also ride 530's(Alon) so I can just take parts off their bikes when they're not looking to replace my damaged ones.

I really really wanted the 500 EXC, but the monies is crazy.

This isn't my only bike so the 530 shouldn't be too crazy with maintenance. I want a bike that I won't want to upgrade any time soon. A couple guys that I will ride with also ride 530's(Alon) so I can just take parts off their bikes when they're not looking to replace my damaged ones.
You and Alon will have to work shifts. Between you switching parts and him syphoning fuel, you guys will be working full time while the rest of us are sleeping.

Take parts off my bike? ***** can try...I sleep with one eye open :)

Back
Top Bottom