Bell helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bell helmets

miggs

Site Supporter
Anyone ride with a Bell helmet, specifically the "qualifier" models?

Loooking for feedback on quality, fit, noise, and weight.

Do yourself a favour and don't buy a cheap plastic helmet. Thermoplastics (polycarbonate in this case) are reserved for companies' low end models. As for that, it's a decent low end model but unless you pick one up for 50 bucks, I wouldn't bother.

You can generally find a nice composite shell (fibreglass, carbon, kevlar, etc). helmet for $100-200 if you search around (especially online).

I have 3 bell helmets. 1 Moro cross helmet, 1 bell star (didn't fit well bought too big) and my latest is a Qualifier DLX.

I love the auto tinting shield it is fantastic. The price point for the helmet and this shield is hard to beat, especially when on sale at Royal.

What I like:
Self tinting shield, it is fantastic and great to always have the proper amount of tint for the conditions.

Overall fit; when sized right I have not found a better fitting value brand.

Sound levels are typical, I ride with ear plugs

The look; I think the matte black with the self tinting shield looks great.

Easy shield removal for cleaning

What I don't like:

Vents don't fit perfect and move around with the wind (fixed with a dab of superglue)

Feel of detents on the shield

Weight is fine don't find it too heavy.

So that is my review of the qualifier DLX; it is my understanding that the qualifier is similar save for the fantastic self tinting shield.

Thanks for the input.
I guess I'm back in the market then for shoei or an agv as an upgrade to my regular hjc.

Thanks for the input.
I guess I'm back in the market then for shoei or an agv as an upgrade to my regular hjc.

in my opinion, Bell makes amazing helmets. The other big brands don't really fit my face well, but the bell ones do. Do not rush into buying a helmet yet, bell is releasing new helmets starting march, so wait for them to come out before you make your decision.

I previously (before crashing last year) had a bell rs-1 which I loved and got a sweet deal on @ GP. I've since picked up a bell qualifier and can say I'm not as happy. It looks good, but the materials just feel cheap. The cheek pads I didn't like (swapped them with rs-1), no breath guard, no chin shirt, and no "side clicker" to pop the shield to let in air (which I soon realized was a big deal).If your going with Bell, don't go low end.

Back
Top Bottom