My State Farm quote. All I can say is WTF | GTAMotorcycle.com

My State Farm quote. All I can say is WTF

dky

For a 2008 Yamaha R6S I got quoted at $900 a month...

- I'm 25.
- I have my full G, been driving a car for 7-9 years.
- Had my M2 since april last year.
- Completed Motorcycle course.
- I will have 1 year of insurance on my current motorcycle when I look to switch in April.
- ZERO tickets/convictions on both my motorcycle and car.

And I get quoted at a rate that is almost twice the cost of the R6. Are these people high?

A buddy has a GSXR 600 and pays $140 / month and he also had 2 convictions at the time of his quote.

Did this broker that I talked to mess up the quote?

Something is definitely not right. Go back and review the quote with your agent. Then go shop around to other insurance companies.

Last edited:
Sounds like he put you on a Kawasaki H2 with 20 convictions. Honestly, just call around, it's the best thing you can do, every year. It's a bit of a hassle but honestly, if it saves you money, it saves you money. I see zero reason to stick around with an insurance company (or even via a broker) if you can be save hundreds elsewhere. There is no reward for loyalty and safe driving/riding these days.

This is State Farm's (well, Dejardins') way of telling you they don't want your business. Look elsewhere.

That's a F U quote. They don't want your business. Go somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Statefarm now uses Desjardins as their underwriters and they don't like sportbikes, its not the same anymore.

Back
Top Bottom