GSXR 750 First bike? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GSXR 750 First bike?

Thanks for the advice, and their is no limit on engine displacement. But I see where your coming from. I only looked into this bike because the owner assumed it would be okay for me. That's why I am on here seeing what everyone else thinks

I think the owner of the bike was looking at you as a potential easy sale - not that it would be okay or a good fit for you.

Sounds like the owner is "someone your dad knows" rather than "a friend".

At 18, I got a quote for a SS just to see the cost to insure one, and the cheapest coverage for liability only was around $8k+.

we ride gixers and personally i would say not to start on that bike. i dont know what kind of experience you do have but i know from experiense the 750 has alot of get up and go which can be dicey when you pull the tire any time you launch. stay below 600 at first for the insurance and move up. i ride 1000s now and the 750 had more jam out of the hole.

I can't believe it that this thread is still going:lmao:

It's winter, the forum is slow. I suspect in a few weeks there will be plenty of similar threads to move on to. ;)

While it isn't a 750 here's a frame of reference for those that are curious.

For me at 22/M1 last march, M2 last april/ Driving since 16 - Full G now/ No tickets accidents whatever.

I was scrolling through autotrader the other day and saw a nice 2006 Honda cbr600f4i for pretty cheap. Being curious i went onto TD and got a quote from them.
The quote they gave me for a:
CBR300R - 2855/yr
CBR500R - 4150/yr
CBR600F4I - 10.5k/yr liability, 12k/yr everything lol.

Ya i'd say the message was loud and clear, STAY AWAY. lol

Even I'd love to have a 750 and I'm a speed demon but I know myself well enough to know that its way to much bike for me when I started. I opted for the CBR500RA. Lots of power for a beginner and no issues with hwy speeds and rides awesome. debating getting a 650f next but might wait another year. you may want to look at a 300 or a 400 depending on your insurance rates. Just remember being on 2 wheels is better than no wheels at all.

Jeeez, I don't think I could afford the insurance on a gixxer 750 and I'm 36.....
I started on a 250 and LOVED it. Learned the basics and the next couple seasons was a lot of fun to push it.
Just an ole' ninja 250. Was fine on the highways. People still race them and you can find them for dirt cheap on kijiji.

giphy.gif

In all seriousness that bike would do nothing but scare the living **** out of you. Those old fatboy 750's are serious motorcycles and a beginner has absolutely NO business learning the basics of 2 wheels on one.

Last edited:
While it isn't a 750 here's a frame of reference for those that are curious.

For me at 22/M1 last march, M2 last april/ Driving since 16 - Full G now/ No tickets accidents whatever.

I was scrolling through autotrader the other day and saw a nice 2006 Honda cbr600f4i for pretty cheap. Being curious i went onto TD and got a quote from them.
The quote they gave me for a:
CBR300R - 2855/yr
CBR500R - 4150/yr
CBR600F4I - 10.5k/yr liability, 12k/yr everything lol.

Ya i'd say the message was loud and clear, STAY AWAY. lol

Is your home address CN Tower Skywalk platform?

Back
Top Bottom