TCAT, RAP and other trips for summer - the gear list thread... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TCAT, RAP and other trips for summer - the gear list thread...

GP Bikes sells them. Call or go see Tom (parts manager) and tell him Alon referred you to him (my name is pronounced most closely to a-lawn as in the grass in front of your house, not Alan).

These bags look amazing. Wish I would have known of them before. Been carrying a backpack to go to work the last two years because I was too cheap to spend for a rack on my Gladius. With this problem would have been solved. Did you say they were sold in store somewhere or only online? JP Bike or Royal Distributing have that brand?

I know someone who goes dual sport riding in France and he says it's amazing. I've got a few other places first before France - Morocco, South Africa, etc and I'm off to the Baja peninsula this October for the Baja Moto Rally race.

Yup, better to wait 20 min on the trail for slow riders than a couple of hours for a medivac.

Always wanted to do an off road ride to France, (st. Pierre / Miquelon), not too sure about the feasibility though. Guess. Need to do some research etc.

I know someone who goes dual sport riding in France and he says it's amazing. I've got a few other places first before France - Morocco, South Africa, etc and I'm off to the Baja peninsula this October for the Baja Moto Rally race.

The desert would be cool. The trip I am speaking of is to the two small french islands just south of nfld, it just sounds cool to say I rode to France from canada, I am guessing it would be a trip to nfld with a short ferry to the islands.

Really? Need to google this - I never heard of them. That would be a cool thing to say, I didn't quite get it when you said 'ride TO France' :)

the continental divide would be a good trip too...

The desert would be cool. The trip I am speaking of is to the two small french islands just south of nfld, it just sounds cool to say I rode to France from canada, I am guessing it would be a trip to nfld with a short ferry to the islands.

Really? Need to google this - I never heard of them. That would be a cool thing to say, I didn't quite get it when you said 'ride TO France' :)

the continental divide would be a good trip too...

pm_map2.jpg

Do the Trans Lab before they pave the whole road. It is a fun ride, then cross over to Newfoundland and ride to the ferry that takes you to France.

I rode all the way to St. Johns, but didn't bother going to St. Pierre as I didn't have the time -- elected to ride the Irish Loop instead.

From what I've heard from friends, the trans-lab is just a very long gravel highway - if that is the case, I, not really interested. I'd rather ride proper roads or proper off road and while I don't mind gravel, I'm not sure I'm interested in hundreds of kilometres of it...

From what I've heard from friends, the trans-lab is just a very long gravel highway - if that is the case, I, not really interested. I'd rather ride proper roads or proper off road and while I don't mind gravel, I'm not sure I'm interested in hundreds of kilometres of it...

I enjoyed the trans lab... the first part in Quebec was a lot of fun -- a very twisty paved road. The gravel is like a gravel highway, but there are some excellent views -- especially along the East coast of Labrador. I saw lots of wildlife -- like bears, wolves, moose, and an eagle. I also loved how remote it was and with very few other vehicles. I did not think much of the ride back via pavement -- until I got to Vermont.

GP Bikes sells them. Call or go see Tom (parts manager) and tell him Alon referred you to him (my name is pronounced most closely to a-lawn as in the grass in front of your house, not Alan).

One of my favorite place to go and I have a giftcard...Thanks for the pronunciation but I'm french and screw up lots of what I say no matter what. :D

Well ill if you're French then you have a better chance of pronouncing my name properly compared to the Anglos who just assume I've misspelled my own name and just call me Alan - I've even had people ask me if I'm sure that's how my name is spelled :)

One of my favorite place to go and I have a giftcard...Thanks for the pronunciation but I'm french and screw up lots of what I say no matter what. :D

Just a heads up.... If anyone is considering buying a camping hammock, Hennessey currently has a 'holiday deal' which they are still honouring in which you get a free kids hammock (up to 120lbs, 5'7" tall) with the purchase of any hammock. Both hammocks come with snake skins, straps, rain fly, bug net, etc etc...

My wife is small enough that she could use the kids hammock... so this works perfectly getting a complete setup for a decent price.

Nam, I got one of these from Le Baron for $50... works awesome and is very compact when in the bag:

s42247.jpg

Just a heads up.... If anyone is considering buying a camping hammock, Hennessey currently has a 'holiday deal' which they are still honouring in which you get a free kids hammock (up to 120lbs, 5'7" tall) with the purchase of any hammock. Both hammocks come with snake skins, straps, rain fly, bug net, etc etc...

My wife is small enough that she could use the kids hammock... so this works perfectly getting a complete setup for a decent price.

Nam, I got one of these from Le Baron for $50... works awesome and is very compact when in the bag:

s42247.jpg
Thanks Mike about the hammock and chair. My wife can use the kids one too. Do you have a link?

Just http://www.hennessyhammock.com/ but the prices listed are in usd, you need to call them for the cad pricing, and the price they give is much better than the current exchange rate.

Last edited:
Just http://hennessyhammock.com/ but the prices listed are in usd, you need to call them for the cad pricing, and the price they give is much better than the current exchange rate.

I think your link may be incorrect, unless drinking cognac is required for the hammock thing, which may not be a bad idea.

Nam, if you're really interested in a hammock let me know and you can check out my Grand Trunk Extreme Air Bivy - I've had luck finding great deals on them on Amazon.ca on occasion...

its a a fantastic and compact hammock.

The hammock is a little too pricy for me. I think I will stick to the tent option.

Back
Top Bottom