Hello from Keswick | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from Keswick

JP0160

Hello! Had my new CBR300R delivered yesterday. Just waiting on the nice weather now! Looking forward to some group rides and meeting some other riders. This is my first bike so I wanted something reliable but not too crazy, I think the CBR will suit me just fine!

Welcome to the forum JP..nice bike, i'm pretty sure you can't wait to take her out ehh.;)

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Thanks all. I just heard my landlord start up his V-star outside and it's got me all giddy now. I don't mind the cold but the salty/sandy roads have me a bit nervous to take it out, especially as a new rider. I think it makes the most sense to wait until the temp warms up enough for the tires to get some grip. Another month! ish!

Thanks all. I just heard my landlord start up his V-star outside and it's got me all giddy now. I don't mind the cold but the salty/sandy roads have me a bit nervous to take it out, especially as a new rider. I think it makes the most sense to wait until the temp warms up enough for the tires to get some grip. Another month! ish!
Wait for a good rain to wash away some salt. If not, just be careful and hose it down after.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Welcome from Sutton.
I saw a bike out Friday, and thought there's a ton of salt on these roads, and it was cold too!
Usually I don't get out until late March early April, depending on the weather.

Welcome from Sutton.
I saw a bike out Friday, and thought there's a ton of salt on these roads, and it was cold too!
Usually I don't get out until late March early April, depending on the weather.

+1 same here...relax and be patient mate.

Hello! Had my new CBR300R delivered yesterday. Just waiting on the nice weather now! Looking forward to some group rides and meeting some other riders. This is my first bike so I wanted something reliable but not too crazy, I think the CBR will suit me just fine!

Congrats on the new bike! It looks sharp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bike, welcome.

I agree, wait and be patient. Sand and salt on the roads this time of year will catch you off guard until you get some miles under your seat. Better safe than sorry. ;)

Thanks guys, I've rode it once a couple weeks ago when it was +5 and I had a BLAST. Only got out for about 5km cruising around the subdivision but just wanted to get a feel for it. The roads were dry and not too salty, but I wouldn't even attempt that right now! Just too cold and way too much salt from these snowstorms recently.

I'm trying to be patient... trying!!!!! April 1st safety course feels so far away lol

Lol, with a shiny new bike patience will be well rewarded!! The bike looks really good in that colour scheme!

New rider, new bike... I highly recommend some crash protection (frame sliders, spool sliders, bar end sliders, that kind of thing). Pretty inexpensive, looks good, and can save you a lot of pain (financially and emotionally... not so much physically though, so still be safe!).

Back
Top Bottom