Accepting delivery of my 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Accepting delivery of my 2014 Ducati 899 Panigale!

Canadian Rider

Well, as some of you know I was looking at getting a 2014 899 Panigale, and I thought I had a deal done before I caught the owner of the bike trying to sneak around with the UVP, not showing me or disclosing the lien as I was about to pay in cash for it all. Was heart breaking and a disappointment, but I kept my hunt on and found this 899 in Sherbrooke Quebec, and I could not be any happier with how everything turned out! I thought id share my adventure with you all to experience the joy :) Cant wait for the spring!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxe8218GCM8

Nice, Nice, Nice.
Did not know that it did not come with a clear coat. Interesting. How are you going to solve that situation.
Enjoy. 2 months now of Vroom, Vroom sounds. :) :)

Nice, Nice, Nice.
Did not know that it did not come with a clear coat. Interesting. How are you going to solve that situation.
Enjoy. 2 months now of Vroom, Vroom sounds. :) :)
Unfortunately it does not :( I was shocked to hear about this as well. I plan to polish out some light swirl marks to a nice finish and then use a ceramic clear coat like opticoat or gloss coat to provide the shine and protection!

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it does not :( I was shocked to hear about this as well. I plan to polish out some light swirl marks to a nice finish and then use a ceramic clear coat like opticoat or gloss coat to provide the shine and protection!

Sent from my SM-G925K using Tapatalk

Thanks. Oh well. Expect it will come out better as it is a very personal project. :)

Very, very nice bike. Love the red. Was checking some out at the dealer the other day. Congrats!

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Nice bike congrats! Very weird there is not clear coat on the bike, on the video looks pretty shine to me.

Oh man. #massivebikeboner

Did they actually drive from Sherbrooke to Hamilton?

Yes the manager actually had family in Hamilton so we negotiated the delivery when he would come down to see his family, worked out like a dream!
I don't know how I will contain said boner though for 2 more months.

How on earth are those bottles not falling off that shelf!

....Also, what the heck is "drops my world" to describe something. lol, this new youth-speak.

Super funny you guys mention the bottles, the dealer when they dropped off the bike mentioned it too and laughed hahah.
I guess its a little new youth speak a little something I say :p

So far I have just plugged her into the battery tender, placed on the rear stand and debating if I should do an oil change or not. It looks like the oil is overfilled so I am a little worried. Oil level is above the top line on the indicator.

What did the dealer tell you regarding the last oil-change?

The reading on oil level through the sight-glass is not likely as accurate as it could be if the bike were level off the stand. With that said I wouldn't worry about it being over-filled for now. Be patient. Let the bike sit till the riding season, and deal with things then. The oil level should be read with the bike fully warmed up after a ride, and that's not entirely easy to do these days.

EDIT - "after a ride".. meaning after a ride, letting it sit for about an hour to let the oil 'drain down'

Last edited:
Forget about ceramic clear. If you want the bike to shine like diamonds use this:

http://www.pinrepair.com/clear/dup7900.pdf

Have it done by a professional vehicle restorer. Don't use any old collision shop.

What did the dealer tell you regarding the last oil-change?

The reading on oil level through the sight-glass is not likely as accurate as it could be if the bike were level off the stand. With that said I wouldn't worry about it being over-filled for now. Be patient. Let the bike sit till the riding season, and deal with things then. The oil level should be read with the bike fully warmed up after a ride, and that's not entirely easy to do these days.

I have the service records for the last Oil change:
October 2014 @6,200km.
It is now about a year and a half later and 1,000KM.

When I get home I will take it off the stand level it and recheck again, but should I not change it anyway as the oil is about a year and half old or should I just keep it in?

What do you guys thinking of filling her with Rotella T6?

Last edited:
Change all fluids for peace of mind. Rotella T6 has a good reputation. I don't think it's the absolute best tho, need oil thread to determine that.

Yeah I looked into the clear coat issue as well, very odd. Why would the white one get a clear coat but not the red?

Yeah I looked into the clear coat issue as well, very odd. Why would the white one get a clear coat but not the red?
The white one costs $300 more base price then the red. I am positive any buyer of the red bike would pay $300 to have a clear coat, but not sure why Ducati decided against it, must be cost cutting

Back
Top Bottom