Hello from Bowmanville | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello from Bowmanville

Turbonutt

Just found the site, going to be getting my first bike in the spring, mid-life crisis here I come! LOL.

Welcome to the forum!

Make sure to look through the insurance threads prior to a purchase, the rates could be shocking! Completely new to riding?

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

I've heard about that, insurance companies are crooks! I rode dirt bikes growing up but never ended up getting my M license. It will be the first time in over 20 years though

I've heard about that, insurance companies are crooks! I rode dirt bikes growing up but never ended up getting my M license. It will be the first time in over 20 years though

Welcome from Courtice.

Choose your bike wisely, and yes, call for insurance quotes BEFORE laying out a penny on a bike.

You looking cruiser, or sport? Your age? Clean record?

plan on calling around before I buy, try and keep the initial costs down. Looking at a sport bike, really like the SV650 or Honda 599 or now. Would like t get a 70's CB550 or 750 and cafe it as a project later. Don't want to go too small, I'm 6'1" and 270 right now, but going down. Clean record and 41

Hey Turbonutt, welcome to the forum - a great place for information and entertainment! I had a clean record too, until I got a sport bike! :cool:

Clean record and 41

Similar here, but I went cruiser...pretty dramatic lower cost for insurance, ~$1K for full coverage on my VTX1300. Can't help you out on the sportbike side of things, lots of people far more knowledgable than me here who will however.

Good bike choices. The sv650 is a very sporty light and flickable bike, insurance is dirt cheap. I think I paid $415 a year for mine. The Honda 599 I've never ridden, but I love the look.
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Welcome.. Oshawa here.;) Can't go wrong with the sv650-or any 600cc out there. Comes down to preference and Insur cost.

Back
Top Bottom