Different bikes every year. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Different bikes every year.

You are going to get slaughtered with depreciation.

Not if i buy used bikes.

Sure you will, just not as badly. You're buying when everyone else wants to buy, and you're selling when there's no market for them. It's near impossible to sell a motorcycle in this market from about August through February unless you blow it out cheaply. And no matter how you slice it, you are paying the tax on the purchase and you can't recover that when you sell.

If your tastes run to older bikes, frequently the depreciation curve levels off after 7 or 8 years ... as long as you don't put so much mileage on them that no one wants to touch them. People in this market seem to think 20,000 km is high mileage ... I've done more than that in a year ...

Sure you will, just not as badly. You're buying when everyone else wants to buy, and you're selling when there's no market for them. It's near impossible to sell a motorcycle in this market from about August through February unless you blow it out cheaply. And no matter how you slice it, you are paying the tax on the purchase and you can't recover that when you sell.

If your tastes run to older bikes, frequently the depreciation curve levels off after 7 or 8 years ... as long as you don't put so much mileage on them that no one wants to touch them. People in this market seem to think 20,000 km is high mileage ... I've done more than that in a year ...
Yeah, it makes sense.

Maybe ill reverse the strategy. Sell on begining of the season and buy at the end. And i will keep the insurance since there is no savings anyway.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Why would you buy at end of a season and sell it at the start of the season? You plan to ride it indoors somewhere during winter?

Am I missing something?

To keep both bikes in storage in the winter then use one for one season. Then sell one on the begining of the season.

Just my opinion.

This sounds great but if you have storage for two bikes I recommend buying your new bike in the fall and selling your old bike in the spring.

This would keep your insurance continuous and allow you to benefit from the small pricing disparity between the seasons.

You would have to risk having a uninsured bike in your garage over the winter and would have to store both.

Just my 2 cents.

On another note usually takes me about 3 years to get to know and master the bikes I have owned to date.
This is so far the best idea.

Back
Top Bottom