Odd thoughts on driverless cars | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Odd thoughts on driverless cars

Just invent me a jetpack so can fly around in record time.

They're available now. Start a Go Fund Me page and get one. Once you get the jet-pack, start another Go Fund Me page to soup it up and make it faster. I'll make a contribution to that one.

[video=youtube;rtT8HEPlfeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtT8HEPlfeo[/video]

Last edited:
They're available now. Start a Go Fund Me page and get one. Once you get the jet-pack, start another Go Fund Me page to soup it up and make it faster. I'll make a contribution to that one.

[video=youtube;rtT8HEPlfeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtT8HEPlfeo[/video]
Nice!

Probably easier to hack a motorcycle, since they are lower budget.

If the future is about self driving cars/transport I think it will be a boring one. I just imagine similar looking pods everyone will be in. Like office cubicals. Who enjoys that? Only the people in charge and the bean counters. Which leads me to believe whoever is creating this future tech will only want to monopolize it, and we peons will be burdened with expenses.

As a rider I value my freedom, choice and expression, and a sense of adventure. The auto driving car doesn't appeal to me, I believe it will squash all those things. Even with the understanding of some of the yet to be realized benefits to congestion, possible safety etc. Just seems dull. How can you lust over a self driving pod like you might a Lamborghini.

I think it’s inevitable that there will always be manually driven vehicles, however you’re going to see a massive difference in the cost of insurance – people with the safer self driving cars will benefit from lower insurance costs, while people who still want to drive their own will pay drastically more.

I think it’s inevitable that there will always be manually driven vehicles, however you’re going to see a massive difference in the cost of insurance – people with the safer self driving cars will benefit from lower insurance costs, while people who still want to drive their own will pay drastically more.
Gradually more and more spaces will be designated 'automated vehicles only' until there's no place left to drive but closed courses. There are benefits to 100% driverless networks that can't be realized with even 1% human driven vehicles in the mix.

Probably easier to hack a motorcycle, since they are lower budget.
I've already hacked mines. I've messed with the ecu to see what happens. You can't make it "self drive" though. Because it's not within it's capabilities.

If the future is about self driving cars/transport I think it will be a boring one. I just imagine similar looking pods everyone will be in. Like office cubicals. Who enjoys that? Only the people in charge and the bean counters. Which leads me to believe whoever is creating this future tech will only want to monopolize it, and we peons will be burdened with expenses.

As a rider I value my freedom, choice and expression, and a sense of adventure. The auto driving car doesn't appeal to me, I believe it will squash all those things. Even with the understanding of some of the yet to be realized benefits to congestion, possible safety etc. Just seems dull. How can you lust over a self driving pod like you might a Lamborghini.
The same people who like government to control their life & make every decision for them. Like in the Matrix, you take the blue pill or the red pill. The red pill gives you the truth & total control of your life.

All those idiot drivers on the road...they don't like to drive. They see it as a chore they have to do everyday, but need the convenience. Bumper to bumper traffic never will be a PASSION for anyone. But it's people's situation every single day for drivers everywhere around the world. Or driving in adverse conditions (rain/snow) is something people also dread. While i like taking a corner drifting in snow...i know most people are just scared of any type of slip.

Less idiots driving = less road rage and accidents = less traffic = more riding enjoyment. Most people are already on their phones anyways, not paying attention. So to have them not drive can only be a positive if you look at it that way.

tl;dr get rid of the ppl who don't wanna drive from the get go, leave better roads for us who enjoy riding/driving.

The fact that my kids might not even need to get a driver's license at the rate things are going, is kinda nuts if you ask me.

Gradually more and more spaces will be designated 'automated vehicles only' until there's no place left to drive but closed courses. There are benefits to 100% driverless networks that can't be realized with even 1% human driven vehicles in the mix.

Auto-autos become the norm and the self driver types go to an adult midway zone to DIY. Like a dude ranch but cars instead of horses. Get your choice of a trusty mare or a spirited stallion, Chev Impala or Corvette.

How do motorcycles mix in with the auto-autos?

If m/c's went full auto it would be like riding pillion without anyone up front.

Last edited:
I've already hacked mines. I've messed with the ecu to see what happens. You can't make it "self drive" though. Because it's not within it's capabilities.

I mean some cager pulls up beside you at a red light, and bluetooths a signal to your bike that jams the sensor that sends balance info, tells the bike that you're leaned 70 degrees right, and you want to go WOT.
Or just tells your bike that you want full braking as he/she passes you.

All those idiot drivers on the road...they don't like to drive. They see it as a chore they have to do everyday, but need the convenience. Bumper to bumper traffic never will be a PASSION for anyone. But it's people's situation every single day for drivers everywhere around the world. Or driving in adverse conditions (rain/snow) is something people also dread. While i like taking a corner drifting in snow...i know most people are just scared of any type of slip.

Less idiots driving = less road rage and accidents = less traffic = more riding enjoyment. Most people are already on their phones anyways, not paying attention. So to have them not drive can only be a positive if you look at it that way.

tl;dr get rid of the ppl who don't wanna drive from the get go, leave better roads for us who enjoy riding/driving.

The fact that my kids might not even need to get a driver's license at the rate things are going, is kinda nuts if you ask me.

Then there's the other type of idiots who think the roads are their personal playgrounds.
They like to call other people idiots sometimes, for wanting to play, or worse yet, work too. ;)

I mean some cager pulls up beside you at a red light, and bluetooths a signal to your bike that jams the sensor that sends balance info, tells the bike that you're leaned 70 degrees right, and you want to go WOT.
Or just tells your bike that you want full braking as he/she passes you.

Then there's the other type of idiots who think the roads are their personal playgrounds.
They like to call other people idiots sometimes, for wanting to play, or worse yet, work too. ;)
*shakes fist at drifting hooligan*
:rolleyes:

*shakes fist at drifting hooligan*
:rolleyes:

No need to shake a fist. Just learn your lessons from MY mistakes!
Well, hopefully others more than me.

Some people get an adrenaline rush when they do something risky,
me, I say "man that was a stupid, stupid, stupid, thing to do, and try not to repeat.

No need to shake a fist. Just learn your lessons from MY mistakes!
Well, hopefully others more than me.

Some people get an adrenaline rush when they do something risky,
me, I say "man that was a stupid, stupid, stupid, thing to do, and try not to repeat.
The same kind of logic behind the "i'll never drink again" kinda thing right?

I've made my mistakes too and learned from them. But that's the thing, those driveless cars would have the hive mind of cars to learn from instead of relying in individual experiences.

update
Waymo's self-driving cars rack up 4 million miles on public roads - The ...
https://www.theverge.com/.../waymo-self-driving-autonomous-cars-public-roads-mile...
Nov 28, 2017 - Self-driving cars are still very much a technology of the future, however their presence in the here and now is growing. Alphabet's Waymo is among the pioneers pushing self-driving vehicles out into real-world testing, and it has just revealed that its cars have passed the milestone of driving more than 4 million miles on ...

even with the idjits on the road

and no human tenders on some

Self-driving vehicles passed a major milestone in November when Waymo’s minivans hit the streets of Phoenix without backup human drivers — reportedly making them the first fleet of fully autonomous cars on public roadways. Over the next few months, people will get a chance to take these streetwise vehicles for a free spin as the company tries to drum up excitement — and a customer base — for its launch of a driverless taxi service.
https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/science-public/when-it-comes-self-driving-cars-whats-safe-enough

It's coming

Back
Top Bottom