What age of Child can go on motorbike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What age of Child can go on motorbike?

Rascal

Is it still 'no specific age' but feet must comfortably reach footrests or has the law changed?

what is the youngest child you have taken on your bike? :)

Is it still 'no specific age' but feet must comfortably reach footrests or has the law changed?

what is the youngest child you have taken on your bike? :)
There was a thread not too long ago about the same topic.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

@Rascal....I can't seem to find it. I think some ppl said as young as 2. For me, 4/5 is more realistic. Having said that, my 12 year old has never been on my bike. If they are older but short, check out babyride.

IIRC some nanny state MPP was trying to pass a law but I don't think it got airborne.

Yes, a nanny-state politician tried making a law for this, and fortunately, they failed.

The child has to be able to reach the footpegs, and they have to be able to properly wear a suitable helmet.

Obviously they also have to be mature enough to stay put when told.

Obviously they also have to be mature enough to stay put when told.

And not fall asleep on longer rides when they might start getting bored.

I wouldn't let any kid younger than perhaps 8 or 10 ride with me personally (hopefully able to take instruction and maintain some level of focus by that age), and I don't think I'd go any distance with anyone younger than at least 12-13 for the above stated reason.

For me they should be able to fit into leathers, gloves boots, helmet, and reach the pegs.

I think mine were 7, and fit into xs gear.

I think I was 6-7 when I started riding on the back of my dads bike. I think I was 8 when we started to ride to my grandparents place in Newcastle from Whitby. The best part was when he'd grab on my arms to let me know to hold the F on and open it up. Started on a CB900F (don't know what year but it was silver with a blue stripe) then onto the 93 GSXR750 and then the 98 ZX9.

By the time your kids 13 they're getting ready to steal your car.

By the time your kids 13 they're getting ready to steal your car.

Some, sure, but on the flipside, I've met more than a few ~13 year old kids still enveloped in the bubble wrap helicopter parent world where they haven't yet even learned to think for themselves, much less show even a rudimentary level of personal responsibility.

Some, sure, but on the flipside, I've met more than a few ~13 year old kids still enveloped in the bubble wrap helicopter parent world where they haven't yet even learned to think for themselves, much less show even a rudimentary level of personal responsibility.

Very true but the more I read about people thinking a child is/isn't capable of something until XX age makes me realize that it isn't just my generation (80's kid) that's causing this.

By 13 I could drive a manual car (probably well enough to pass the g2 test), raced Moto X, had a part time job to pay for my dirtbike, and did quite a few other things that I'm not going to write on a public forum.

If you treat your kid like they need to be in bubble wrap you're doing nothing but holding them back from experiencing life.

By 13 I could drive a manual car (probably well enough to pass the g2 test), raced Moto X, had a part time job to pay for my dirtbike, and did quite a few other things that I'm not going to write on a public forum.

Agree. At 13 my dad was getting harped on at an association we belonged to (long story) because I was driving the 5 ton dump truck and tractor around by myself helping the adults do property maintenance. And yes, I had a Honda CT70 which I had been driving the wheels off for about 6 years already, got a 4 wheeler at around age 12 which I equally drove the wheels off of, I started snowmobiling at around age 8 and got my licence at age (IIRC) 14 when it was legal.

There are still kids like that out there. My daughter is dating one of them, good old fashioned kid who reminds me a lot of myself at that age.

But there are also kids today in the early and late teens who wouldn't know how to turn the stove on and prepare something as simple as Kraft Dinner if their life depended on it.

Anyhow, off topic. I'm going to go outside and yell at some clouds now. ;)

Agree. At 13 my dad was getting harped on at an association we belonged to (long story) because I was driving the 5 ton dump truck and tractor around by myself helping the adults do property maintenance. And yes, I had a Honda CT70 which I had been driving the wheels off for about 6 years already, got a 4 wheeler at around age 12 which I equally drove the wheels off of, I started snowmobiling at around age 8 and got my licence at age (IIRC) 14 when it was legal.

There are still kids like that out there. My daughter is dating one of them, good old fashioned kid who reminds me a lot of myself at that age.

But there are also kids today in the early and late teens who wouldn't know how to turn the stove on and prepare something as simple as Kraft Dinner if their life depended on it.

I'm going to do my part and make sure my kids are not part of the bubble wrap trend.

A cop buddy of the family took me around the block on his Harley while I was still a preschooler...took him quite a few kicks just to get the thing started. I suppose I was either sitting in his lap or on the tank. This was around the Diefenbaker era, so there has been plenty of time to change the law since then.

As long as we're yelling about kids in this thread, make sure to avoid the reverse bubble wrap scenario: Making your kids deal with your technology problems. This **** is not hard, 99% of it is designed to be dirt simple, exercise some personal responsibility and just figure it out

My father grew up on the farm in Alberta where you start driving a truck as soon as your feet can reach the pedals and you can see over the dash.
He loved to tell the story of how he went into town on his 16th birthday to get his drivers licence.
The druggist who handled all the business for the province (it was a very small town) asked him how long he had been driving.
Four years.
Here's your licence.

My kids love to ride. My oldest at 17 wants to get a bike and my middle (13) child prefers to ride with me.

My 7 year old wants to go on but his legs don't touch the pegs. He has gob in the bike up at Ipperwash on the beach just crawling along. Demands to go more.

We shall see how much he's grown by the spring.

I've got a back rest now and that helps me feel better.

I generally keep the rides to stuff around town And for ice cream.

I feel good with the 17 year old to take longer trips on the highway. The younger ones I know would fall asleep.

The two oldest have proper gear. Even though they didn't start out with it. Shame on me but wanted to make sure they wanted to ride......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as we're yelling about kids in this thread, make sure to avoid the reverse bubble wrap scenario: Making your kids deal with your technology problems. This **** is not hard, 99% of it is designed to be dirt simple, exercise some personal responsibility and just figure it out
I just usually default to asking you ?

Both of my kids were riding with me from the age of six or so. My son used to go trailriding with me when he was 4 and on, I'd sit him in front of me and he'd hold the crossbar. Had a ton of fun exploring with him. They're 9 and 10 now, too busy with electronics so I ride solo alot.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom