Hey everyone | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hey everyone

Metal Monkey

Going into my third riding season (which I hope will start in late March). I ride a white 2013 CBR250r that I purchased new in June of 2014. So far, it's been a good cost-effective little bike. Cheap on gas, cheap to maintain and relatively cheap on insurance. Looking forward to getting my full M in May :) In the meantime, I have been taking it apart and cleaning the bike top to bottom as best I can. Also thinking about adding the FMF titanium exhaust and possibly the FMF header to the bike, but I have had a really tough time coming across information on whether or not I need a fuel remap. Anyone able to point me in the right direction as to where I can get some answers sure would be appreciated. I know there is nothing wrong with the stock exhaust, I just happen to enjoy the sound of the FMF a great deal and it certainly isn't as loud as the cruisers on my street. Anyone else mod their CBR250r in this way?

Welcome to the forum!
The general consensus will be not to spend the money on those mods, as you won't get the money back. Most people will sell a 250 within 2-3 years. If the bike is good for you, which is very capable of being, then someone will chime in with advice and just ingnore me.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Hi and thanks for the reply. This is my third year of ownership and I have zero plans to sell, so hopefully someone comes along with some additional guidance. All the best :)

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Go for the exhaust muffler if you plan on keeping the bike for awhile. Skip the headers. Based on my prior experience you would most certainly want a remap but to me it's not worth it at all on your bike. Check out the racing forums, it's a popular bike as there was a series for them specifically, maybe that will help you

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom