Your Opinions of the Yamaha FZ6R? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your Opinions of the Yamaha FZ6R?

Obviously not ladies. :sign3:

The PO told me it had some engine work done for the purpose of racing. Just relaying the message i was given so untangle your panties and relax.

Last edited:

The PO told me it had some engine work done for the purpose of racing. Just relaying the message i was given so untangle your panties and relax.

No one would have criticized you if you chose a number that was believable.

Instead it looks like you just pulled a number from thin air and instead of admitting it you're just getting all uppity.

Instead it looks like you just pulled a number from thin air and instead of admitting it you're just getting all uppity.

The whole point of the post was to explain why i downgraded to a less powerful, heavier, handle bar 600. So yes I never had the bike on a dyno so making an estimation of horsepower on a new riders first experience with a supersport bike was completely foolish. I need to remember where i am when I make these outrageous claims to gain... Nothing.

You guys get hung up on the dumbest **** around here. :lmao:

I just pointed out your numbers are bogus. A new 600 with a SS build will hit 125hp and that's a strong motor. So now to put things into perspective for when you're looking around at bikes again in the future, that f4 was probably 100hp give or take 5hp. That should give you an idea when your looking at numbers as to what you could compare it to seeing as how that's the most powerful bike you've ridden.

Your panties were the ones to get firmly wadded so next time just relax a bit, it's the internet.

Precisely.

Anyway, it looks like you have your mind set on the fz6r and from the comments I've seen here I'm sure it'll put smiles on your face. Be careful though, I've been told they have 100ft/lbs of tq if they get near a race track ;)

Last edited:
Start throwing horse power around like they're dime a dozen may be fine amongst Generation X but you just know there's some hapless Southern child at boarding school wasting time on GTAM going "dyam! old 600 Hondas pump 120hp!" That can't end well.

Sportbikes aren't for everyone. Happy the OP learned this about himself and did something about it so he's still riding.

I think the 600 was closer to 150hp actually, maybe 160hp on a cold day.

Start throwing horse power around like they're dime a dozen may be fine amongst Generation X but you just know there's some hapless Southern child at boarding school wasting time on GTAM going "dyam! old 600 Hondas pump 120hp!" That can't end well.

And they still get beaten by a Honda Civic!

Honestly, if I were a beginner on a starter bike and my buddy passed me real close in my lane real close, I'd go with 120hp too. Perception is reality, even more so on a cold day.

I don't think hp means what you think it means.

Nope I know exactly how many beavers are in my engine. They work harder to stay warm when its cold out so we can go faster. It's common physics.

Nope I know exactly how many beavers are in my engine. They work harder to stay warm when its cold out so we can go faster. It's common physics.
There you go lol. That's the gtam attitude, laugh and join em!

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Beavers? Come on.. that's a luxury...
More like Trash Pandas (racoons) in an FZ6r... ;-)

Beavers? Come on.. that's a luxury...
More like Trash Pandas (racoons) in an FZ6r... ;-)

for those that use pints and quarts (inreb?), what's that convert to in Freedom units?

The whole point of the post was to explain why i downgraded to a less powerful, heavier, handle bar 600. So yes I never had the bike on a dyno so making an estimation of horsepower on a new riders first experience with a supersport bike was completely foolish. I need to remember where i am when I make these outrageous claims to gain... Nothing.

You guys get hung up on the dumbest **** around here. :lmao:

Like I said...

You could have replied with something like "hahaha ok sure, I don't really know I was just guessing"

But you didn't. There's no need to get all uppity.

for those that use pints and quarts (inreb?), what's that convert to in Freedom units?

Freedom units lol.

Last edited:
I think it depends on the kind of riding you want to do. If you plan on group rides with 1000cc bikes or 2up, it is probably not it. It's also not the best designed long distance touring bike, and there's limitation on the luggage front, but I've done 2 long distance trips on the stock seat so it's not bad.
Other than that, you'll be mostly fine. I don't regret buying mine.

Can't comment on the 2up bit, but if the group you ride was does things even semi-legal, a FZ6R can more than keep up with the pack. Sure, if the group wants to play pretend MotoGP and cruise at 200+, then the bike might be a bit underpowered.

As for distance, I have a friend with a FZ6R and she has done week-long trips into the US countless times. She's also not a slow rider, and the group she rides with are typically either large engined sports touring bikes plus a few 1000cc SS bikes as well.

Back
Top Bottom