Your Opinions of the Yamaha FZ6R? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your Opinions of the Yamaha FZ6R?

Full employ of the cerebellum can counter act and mitigate many motorcycle deficiencies. In concert with, but not exclusive to, a ballooning bank balance derived from riding inferior products this has proven a viable modality in upping the satisfaction quotient. Posing, unfortunately, poses a problem.

Last edited:
I had one for a couple of seasons and my biggest gripe was the soft suspension. It's a decent city bike and a good 'day trip' ride all day comfort kinda bike. I got it cheap and sold it cheap, so that's good. Problem is when you ride something 'better', it's hard to go back.

Did you get the suspension stiffened or just left it at the stock setting?

An i'm coming off a CBR 600 F4i so i'm hoping the suspension will be ok seeing as i weigh around 200lbs plus gear. Guess well see but i'm not worried at all.

Last edited:
Full employ of the cerebellum can counter act and mitigate many motorcycle deficiencies. In concert with, but not exclusive to, a ballooning bank balance derived from riding inferior products this has proven a viable modality in upping the satisfaction quotient. Posing, unfortunately, poses a problem.

While this is true, the less **** you have to "fix"/upgrade on a bike the better for me. Time spent ****ing around with **** on the bike is time I could have spent riding or reading about riding on the internet

While this is true, the less **** you have to "fix"/upgrade on a bike the better for me. Time spent ****ing around with **** on the bike is time I could have spent riding or reading about riding on the internet

Hey, if I never spin another wrench that'll be fine by me. The zen aspect, which is what I think you think I'm talking about, of fettling a bike is highly over rated. Possibly google cerebellum and revisit your response. If I'm off track spare no expense in setting me right.

An i'm coming off a CBR 600 F4i so i'm hoping the suspension will be ok seeing as i weigh around 200lbs plus gear. Guess well see but i'm not worried at all.

I just stiffened it up as much as the stock settings would allow. I had it while my cousin was away at school so I used it when I wasn't riding my ZX6R. Which around town was much easier (especially in traffic). It's a good jack-of-all trades kinda bike.

I was a lot heavier than you so you should be ok. Also, having a passenger really upsets that bike so be careful.

Curious though why go from the F4i to this? was it an insurance thing or you just wanted something newer?

I just stiffened it up as much as the stock settings would allow. I had it while my cousin was away at school so I used it when I wasn't riding my ZX6R. Which around town was much easier (especially in traffic). It's a good jack-of-all trades kinda bike.

I was a lot heavier than you so you should be ok. Also, having a passenger really upsets that bike so be careful.

Curious though why go from the F4i to this? was it an insurance thing or you just wanted something newer?

Combination of things i guess.

The type of riding i do doesn't require the performance of an SS so paying the extra insurance for clip-ons and a loud exhaust made no sense. Also jumping 10 years into the future without losing any money or CC's was a no brainer. I will probably miss the CBR when i hit some aggressive riding roads but for the most part i think the R will serve me perfectly.

Last edited:
I sat on a FZ6R. It's a handsome bike. It goes brap brap.

I'm the "proud" owner of a bike that has a similar power-to-weight ratio and I rarely if ever use full throttle. 70hp/450lbs with a 200lbs monkey on top is about as quick as a base-model Porsche 911.

It's fine.

I'm presently mounting a campaign to dissuade little bro from buying 600Bandit, not because four frenzied little pistons going berserk all day straining against unnatural heft is painful to watch but because the engines' architecture will splay his legs in such a fashion as to invite ridicule during fuel stops. Looking at SV650s'.

I sat on a FZ6R. It's a handsome bike. It goes brap brap.

I'm the "proud" owner of a bike that has a similar power-to-weight ratio and I rarely if ever use full throttle. 70hp/450lbs with a 200lbs monkey on top is about as quick as a base-model Porsche 911.

It's fine.

Exactly, the balance of power and weight makes for a solid bike imo.

A friend of mine has a 1985 Honda CB700C nighthawk which is basically the same concept.

I'm happy with it anyways.

Last edited:
I think it depends on the kind of riding you want to do. If you plan on group rides with 1000cc bikes or 2up, it is probably not it. It's also not the best designed long distance touring bike, and there's limitation on the luggage front, but I've done 2 long distance trips on the stock seat so it's not bad.
Other than that, you'll be mostly fine. I don't regret buying mine.

Actually you're coming off a ninja 300. The cbr you bought at the end of October, did you ever even get it legally on the road?
Either way, with the lower end grunt you'll likely find the fz6r has better power for the street.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Well, people wouldn't compare FZ6 and FZ6r so much if maybe Yamaha was a bit smarter with the model name. Price point was also not far off. To be honest, I never understood their marketing strategy with FZ6r.
By the way, I almost ended up with an FZ6 years back but sales people at Envy basically managed to largely ignore me for about 20min. I am glad that place went out of business.

If you want a solid, smooth bike that does everything well - VFR800. I've owned one for 3 years and never a bad moment really. Sadly it will be leaving my garage soon. I have a feeling I may go back to it in the future though.

As for popularity being indicative of quality - no.

Last edited:
Actually you're coming off a ninja 300. The cbr you bought at the end of October, did you ever even get it legally on the road?
Either way, with the lower end grunt you'll likely find the fz6r has better power for the street.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Spent time on both, but yes the Ninja was the main bike last season. I put about 400kms on the CBR at the end but it was enough to get a taste of what a 120hp sportbike would be like to live with on the daily.

An lower end grunt is fine by me, although the CBR seemed to pull hard no matter where it was in the rev range but my view might be jaded because it is the most powerful bike I've ever spent time on so. I could pass cars with ease in 6th at 2000rpm no issues. As soon as that bike hit 5k it cleared its throat and when it hit 8 it nearly compressed my lungs. It was ridiculous honestly, pin the throttle for 3 quick gear changes and I look down at 208kph and still being shoved back into the seat with another gear waiting to be engaged.

I don't need something that fast to enjoy being on two wheels.

Here's a video with the CBR if you want to see it in action. Loved it but knew a "normal" bike would be better for my situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMWyvSQtCg

Last edited:
ahhh yes. the "I want to keep my license" upgrade.

:)

Spent time on both, but yes the Ninja was the main bike last season. I put about 400kms on the CBR at the end but it was enough to get a taste of what a 120hp sportbike would be like to live with on the daily.

An lower end grunt is fine by me, although the CBR seemed to pull hard no matter where it was in the rev range but my view might be jaded because it is the most powerful bike I've ever spent time on so. I could pass cars with ease in 6th at 2000rpm no issues. As soon as that bike hit 5k it cleared its throat and when it hit 8 it nearly compressed my lungs. It was ridiculous honestly, pin the throttle for 3 quick gear changes and I look down at 208kph and still being shoved back into the seat with another gear waiting to be engaged.

I don't need something that fast to enjoy being on two wheels.

Here's a video with the CBR if you want to see it in action. Loved it but knew a "normal" bike would be better for my situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIMWyvSQtCg

With nitrous maybe.

I'm quite sure it saw track duties at one point but honestly who really gives a **** how much HP it had, besides you of course.

Thanks for coming.
do a lap, gain 15hp.
TIL

Back
Top Bottom