Your Opinions of the Yamaha FZ6R? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Your Opinions of the Yamaha FZ6R?

Can't comment on the 2up bit, but if the group you ride was does things even semi-legal, a FZ6R can more than keep up with the pack. Sure, if the group wants to play pretend MotoGP and cruise at 200+, then the bike might be a bit underpowered.

As for distance, I have a friend with a FZ6R and she has done week-long trips into the US countless times. She's also not a slow rider, and the group she rides with are typically either large engined sports touring bikes plus a few 1000cc SS bikes as well.

Yeah it's basically the same tier of motorcycle as your CBR650F. So you know exactly what these bikes are capable of. Thanks for this input.

I think it depends on the kind of riding you want to do. If you plan on group rides with 1000cc bikes or 2up, it is probably not it. It's also not the best designed long distance touring bike, and there's limitation on the luggage front, but I've done 2 long distance trips on the stock seat so it's not bad.
Other than that, you'll be mostly fine. I don't regret buying mine.

What? Mine has full Givi side hardcases, top case, and tank bag. There are many bag options for this bike. I've been on multiple long distance trips including a 5 day camping trip. Its the perfect touring bike and handles equally as well, if not better than a ninja 250/300.
Max speed is 210 so I'm not sure what kind of group rides you are thinking of but I know wouldn't be going on those. The power is smooth, the position is great, its pretty much a great all round bike.

Yeah it's basically the same tier of motorcycle as your CBR650F. So you know exactly what these bikes are capable of. Thanks for this input.

Pretty much. Longest trip I've taken so far was 3 days in Ottawa...bike did an awesome job getting there and back, along with everything I was carrying (more than i needed actually). Also given the ergos the only stops I made going there and coming back was to either gas up (5 mins or less) and maybe a 20 min break for lunch.

Ottawa and back over a period of three days is not a trip lol.

It's like a day trip done 3 times. I think that's what he meant.

It is if you make a couple of quick stops in Pennsylvania and Montreal.

Lol. I've seen 1000+ km days on an average Saturday ride.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Pretty much. Longest trip I've taken so far was 3 days in Ottawa...bike did an awesome job getting there and back, along with everything I was carrying (more than i needed actually). Also given the ergos the only stops I made going there and coming back was to either gas up (5 mins or less) and maybe a 20 min break for lunch.

Sounds like a solid run although Ottawa isn't much of a trip for me and its super boring unless you backroad it all the way. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs on a long trip and I'm sure it will do it without issue.

Last edited:

I was waiting for someone to pull posts from that old thread :bs: :lmao: I was comparing the 6R to my F4i and the former FZ6 at that time and it is an "overweight undertuned pig" still in comparison to those bikes.

Nothing wrong with that. But yes at one point I was surely footed in the "FZ6R is not as good as the FZ6 so it must be bad" crowd. That's not the case anymore, its just an In-line 4 version of an entry level sport-touring bike on the same level as SV,Ninja 650, CBR650F, GSX650F etc.

An I think when compared to the bikes it was made to compete against it stacks up quite well. I'm very happy with it anyways.

Last edited:
What? Mine has full Givi side hardcases, top case, and tank bag. There are many bag options for this bike. I've been on multiple long distance trips including a 5 day camping trip. Its the perfect touring bike and handles equally as well, if not better than a ninja 250/300.
Max speed is 210 so I'm not sure what kind of group rides you are thinking of but I know wouldn't be going on those. The power is smooth, the position is great, its pretty much a great all round bike.

I got those too on my bike, minus the actual top case. But that's the only option for luggage with brackets. It's pretty useless attaching side bags without. Personally I don't even care for group rides, just saying they might be all kinds of group rides.

Can't comment on the 2up bit, but if the group you ride was does things even semi-legal, a FZ6R can more than keep up with the pack. Sure, if the group wants to play pretend MotoGP and cruise at 200+, then the bike might be a bit underpowered.

As for distance, I have a friend with a FZ6R and she has done week-long trips into the US countless times. She's also not a slow rider, and the group she rides with are typically either large engined sports touring bikes plus a few 1000cc SS bikes as well.
I picked up my bike on Vancouver Island, I don't believe I disputed it's long distance ability. Touring is generally different crowd than street racing crowd. Myself I don't even care so much for group rides to begin with, so I could care less what type of rides are out there.

Main reason for the trip was to visit friends who moved out there...but instead of taking the car, I took the bike and avoided all the major arteries (so went north then east). Point is, making a 4-5hr trip (each leg) was comfortable, bike had more than enough power, and handled carrying three days worth of stuff with no issue.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom