slick idea to mount a bike against your ceiling - video | GTAMotorcycle.com

slick idea to mount a bike against your ceiling - video

Done that for years...I use a 3rd hook and a string at the seat. I make sure the pedal is to the top of the frame, and turn the bars 90 degrees to get it more horizontal.
Cheers

Last edited:
Why all the tying? Put a hook at the other end to clip to the wall. It's always going to be at the same length.

Why all the tying? Put a hook at the other end to clip to the wall. It's always going to be at the same length.
Agreed...my string for the seat is a pre-tied loop as it never changes and you can put up with one hand ;)

Good idea but could cut the time in half with a cam cleat from a boat shop.

hey, add a pic of the item you referenced
It will make it easier for others.

Agreed with the knot at the end or add a simple metal ring to clip to hook on the wall.

even a simple horn/jam cleat would be easier and faster

FJ3ENGUFKHQCRIN.LARGE.jpg

As others mentioned, just make a loop at the end of the rope and place a hook on the wall.
Actually placing a handle on the end and a hook on the wall, makes it easier to handle the rope with 1 hand.

As others mentioned, just make a loop at the end of the rope and place a hook on the wall.
Actually placing a handle on the end and a hook on the wall, makes it easier to handle the rope with 1 hand.

Sounds good in theory but for some inexplicable reason every time you hang the bike you won't be happy with the tension. Then you have to rejiggle it because you lack a proper tensioning system. This is how I envision it going down, anyway. Hope I'm wrong.

I just leave the bikes hanging. I'm short, so I can walk under them. Used screw in hooks, mounted into 2×3s secured into the studs & rafters.
444bc88caa3c45f08d9cd13ef63cc6ec.jpg

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom