KTM Super Adventure opinions? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM Super Adventure opinions?

for what it's worth I couldn't fathom buying any bike that I planned long tours in possibly less than optimal locale and climate if there was any reliability concerns.
Purchases of passion are for toys that you take on a 30min ice cream trip. Try pushing a 550lb adventure bike around the block

If you're planning to go to the middle of nowhere then a KLR is likely the best bet, or an old air cooled BMW. I wouldn't want to be some place off the beaten track with some engine management light flashing either.

If you're planning to go to the middle of nowhere then a KLR is likely the best bet, or an old air cooled BMW. I wouldn't want to be some place off the beaten track with some engine management light flashing either.
I agree. But how many owners of these bikes will ever be more than ten minutes from help and two hours from the dealer of their choice?
Reality is that for most of us, breakdowns are an inconvenience not a "I'm stranded in the desert and I'm gonna die" thing.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Ridden all the bikes mentioned in this thread so far (except the Africa Twin... obviously)

The KTM's have a very distinct/visceral feel if you know what I mean. Once you ride one you will probably either hate it or love it.

The 1190/1290 *feels* like a adventure supersport if that makes any sense.

I could go on and on about comparing all the bikes, but in reality you just need to test ride them.... and go with what feels right. I'm sure you are not changing out the Tiger because it doesn't do something. You are looking for something more exciting.

Last edited:
Ridden all the bikes mentioned in this thread so far (except the Africa Twin... obviously)

The KTM's have a very distinct/visceral feel if you know what I mean. Once you ride one you will probably either hate it or love it.

The 1190/1290 *feels* like a adventure supersport if that makes any sense.

I could go on and on about comparing all the bikes, but in reality you just need to test ride them.... and go with what feels right. I'm sure you are not changing out the Tiger because it doesn't do something. You are looking for something more exciting.

There's not much wrong with the Tiger. It's fast, fun, nice engine, a bit heavy and not really a serious off-roader but none of these bikes are featherweights or dirt bikes. Like most people that have a motorcycle I just want to try something different. Life's too short and variety is the spice so they say.

I agree. But how many owners of these bikes will ever be more than ten minutes from help and two hours from the dealer of their choice?
Reality is that for most of us, breakdowns are an inconvenience not a "I'm stranded in the desert and I'm gonna die" thing.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

You're absolutely right, nearly all owners (myself included) will never have to worry about a life or death breakdown. And really, virtually all modern bikes will give years of trouble free riding.

Back
Top Bottom