Polaroid Cube on Track | GTAMotorcycle.com

Polaroid Cube on Track

janosdre

Hi,

I have a Polaroid Cube action camera. I would like to know if anyone has any experience using it on track bikes.
It is mounted using a magnet and I'm concerned about its stability on the bike a high speeds. I would like to know if it's strong enough to stand up to the rigors of action on a track day.

Regards,
Janos.

Detectable-Reusable-Cable-Ties.jpg

From what I have seen, the magnet mount is NOT secure enough for that. Either buy one of the sturdier official mounts or come up with something on your own

Tether it securely. Zip-ties, safety wire, etc.

Someone at SOAR two bikes in front of me didn't do that, with a GoPro. I did the public service of hitting it when it came off.

Tether it securely. Zip-ties, safety wire, etc.

Someone at SOAR two bikes in front of me didn't do that, with a GoPro. I did the public service of hitting it when it came off.

Out of curiousity, when that happens, does the rider who lost the camera get black flagged?

Corner workers didn't see it happen and I didn't figure out what I hit until later; I had other things on my mind to pay any attention to this. Apparently a few per weekend were being found on track. GoPro mounts are now checked at tech inspection and they have to be tethered - and found GoPros aren't returned to their owners; that's the penalty for losing one. I'd hate to hit one with a front tire mid-corner.

Tether them securely.

Back
Top Bottom