2 years or older Motorcycle with no fuel gauge | GTAMotorcycle.com

2 years or older Motorcycle with no fuel gauge

Jimsun

2 years or ***earlier*** Motorcycle with no fuel gauge

What are some bikes that didnt come with a fuel gauge

Sorry guys i eamnt to say earlier not older

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My 00 ZX6R doesn't have one. Pretty sure the 98-02 ZX6R's are all that way, as well as the 98-03 ZX9R's

Hope this helps.

My buddy's 1992 FZR600 doesn't have one. On our first ride together, I saw his rear wheel lock up suddenly and I was convinced that his engine had seized. A good samaritan flicked his petcock to Reserve and off we went. :D

My 1982 Honda Nighthawk didn't have one.
My 2001 KLR650 didn't have one.
My 1986 VFR750 didn't have one.
My 1986 Virago 1100 didn't have one.
My 1986 Ninja 1000 didn't have one.

I've never owned a bike that has a fuel gauge. It sure would be nice though.

Easier to list bikes that have them than those that don't. I've never owned a bike with a fuel gauge.

My FJ's gauge stays at Full for the first 1/3 of the tank, then it crashes down to near-empty even though there's still a good 5 or 6 litres left.

Still 100 times better than not having a gauge.

All pre-2017 SV650s don't have them.
Ninja 250s don't have them.
Yamaha V-stars don't have them.

My current motorcycle has a fuel gauge, but like most of these on motorcycles, it is wildly inaccurate.
I wait for the warning light to come on. When it does, the gauge has read anywhere from quarter to half full.
Sometimes close to empty, but not often.
The only one I have ever seen that is close to accurate is on a Harley.

Really old VW Bugs had no gas gauge, but that's a car.

There are a lot of them. Is there a specific style or brand of bike you are looking at? Might be easier to narrow down if your looking at a cruiser, or a naked bike, etc etc.

07+ CBR600rr has them
most harleys dont but they sell a few different add ons that can tell you the fuel level.
some are gas caps with floats, some you enter your fuel capacity ride fill up enter how much you filled and do this a couple times and it eventually learns how much fuel you burn.

most people just go based on km per tank. reset the trip and go.

There are a lot of them. Is there a specific style or brand of bike you are looking at? Might be easier to narrow down if your looking at a cruiser, or a naked bike, etc etc.

Thanks guys and sorry i meant to say 2 years or earlier.

/facepalm

Re: 2 years or ***earlier*** Motorcycle with no fuel gauge

I'm surprised how many newer bikes don't have a fuel gauge...my '89 Katana even has one

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Yamaha R6 doesn't have a fuel gauge right all the way up to current models

I have wondered,,, do fuel injection bikes have gauges.. and carb bikes don't have gauge?

do fuel injected bikes have a petcock? I thought if there is no way to switch to reserve,, then they would "need" a gauge

all previous bikes I have owned would be called vintage here..all carb,, no gauges.. with petcocks.. but a '02 Honda Shadow.. no gauge, carbs..petcock... and my '97 Road King is injected and has a wildly inaccurate gauge.. no petcock..

I have wondered,,, do fuel injection bikes have gauges.. and carb bikes don't have gauge?

do fuel injected bikes have a petcock? I thought if there is no way to switch to reserve,, then they would "need" a gauge

all previous bikes I have owned would be called vintage here..all carb,, no gauges.. with petcocks.. but a '02 Honda Shadow.. no gauge, carbs..petcock... and my '97 Road King is injected and has a wildly inaccurate gauge.. no petcock..

My '14 R6 is fuel injected, has no fuel gauge and no petcock. But it does have a low fuel light as well as a F-trip meter.... it automatically starts from 0 as soon as low fuel light come on

No fuel gauge on my RS125.

My FJ's gauge stays at Full for the first 1/3 of the tank, then it crashes down to near-empty even though there's still a good 5 or 6 litres left.

Still 100 times better than not having a gauge.
Sounds like the gauge on my bbq propane tank

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom